RE: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

  • MIKE DURKIN
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2012
      try to verify position of Si570 from pics in photo section ... if it is orientated correctly ... try removing and re-solder .. also maybe change pull up resistors to 2k ohm .... Iv not worked on a Rx Ensemble, but a si570 is a si570 is a si570 -- i had issues with my first UHFSDR (Si570 based)

      A non-change in freq output is usually indicative of problems with communication with SLC/SDA ....
      Or wrong startup freq in AVR registry ... IE 56Mhz and/or 10Mhz ...

      What is the full part number of the si570 ?

      Mike KC7NOA

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: franco@...
      Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 05:09:49 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

      you/he/she has never worked. it is a new kit
      it9esi

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

      > If its been working fine for months,weeks, and now has stoped - and GFSDR reports ok .... then I would guess that the Si570 has failed.
      >
      > Mike KC7NOA
      >

      > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      > From: franco@...
      > Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:26:44 +0000
      > Subject: [softrock40] RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

      > My ENSEMBLE II doesn't want to work
      >
      > on the exit of the Si570 pin 4 don't have the in demand Frequency
      >
      > I have Semper Una Measured Frequency with my frequenzimetro
      >
      > of 33 MHzes and using my rtx ic7400 approaching
      >
      > the spar on the T1 I receive from 48 to 49 Noise with MHZ Molto.
      >
      > perfettamte converses with CFGSR and test All the of the Tensions
      >
      > They are Correct.
      >
      > And 'possible That Si570 Sia been born defective???
      >
      > Francesco Rinaldi it9esi

    • franco
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7, 2012
        number si570 CAC0001416

        From: franco@...
        Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 05:09:49 +0000

        you/he/she has never worked. it is a new kit
        it9esi

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

        > If its been working fine for months,weeks, and now has stoped - and GFSDR reports ok .... then I would guess that the Si570 has failed.
        >
        > Mike KC7NOA
        >

        > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        > From: franco@...
        > Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:26:44 +0000
        > Subject: [softrock40] RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

        > My ENSEMBLE II doesn't want to work
        >
        > on the exit of the Si570 pin 4 don't have the in demand Frequency
        >
        > I have Semper Una Measured Frequency with my frequenzimetro
        >
        > of 33 MHzes and using my rtx ic7400 approaching
        >
        > the spar on the T1 I receive from 48 to 49 Noise with MHZ Molto.
        >
        > perfettamte converses with CFGSR and test All the of the Tensions
        >
        > They are Correct.
        >
        > And 'possible That Si570 Sia been born defective???
        >
        > Francesco Rinaldi it9esi

      • franco
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 8, 2012
          CORRECT NUMBER
          CAC0001410
          D1KVK208+

          From: franco@...
          Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 05:09:49 +0000

          you/he/she has never worked. it is a new kit
          it9esi

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

          > If its been working fine for months,weeks, and now has stoped - and GFSDR reports ok .... then I would guess that the Si570 has failed.
          >
          > Mike KC7NOA
          >

          > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          > From: franco@...
          > Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:26:44 +0000
          > Subject: [softrock40] RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

          > My ENSEMBLE II doesn't want to work
          >
          > on the exit of the Si570 pin 4 don't have the in demand Frequency
          >
          > I have Semper Una Measured Frequency with my frequenzimetro
          >
          > of 33 MHzes and using my rtx ic7400 approaching
          >
          > the spar on the T1 I receive from 48 to 49 Noise with MHZ Molto.
          >
          > perfettamte converses with CFGSR and test All the of the Tensions
          >
          > They are Correct.
          >
          > And 'possible That Si570 Sia been born defective???
          >
          > Francesco Rinaldi it9esi

        • franco
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 8, 2012
            I have removed si570, checked the resistances R7-R8 2K2 OK.
            reassembled si570 it doesn't change anything.
            do you know as to have another si570?

          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 8, 2012
              Ok ... PE0FKO GFSDR should have 56.32mhz as the startup/default freq ... does it?

              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              From: franco@...
              Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:46:05 +0200

              CORRECT NUMBER
              CAC0001410
              D1KVK208+

              From: franco@...
              Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 05:09:49 +0000

              you/he/she has never worked. it is a new kit
              it9esi

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

              > If its been working fine for months,weeks, and now has stoped - and GFSDR reports ok .... then I would guess that the Si570 has failed.
              >
              > Mike KC7NOA
              >

              > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              > From: franco@...
              > Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:26:44 +0000
              > Subject: [softrock40] RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

              > My ENSEMBLE II doesn't want to work
              >
              > on the exit of the Si570 pin 4 don't have the in demand Frequency
              >
              > I have Semper Una Measured Frequency with my frequenzimetro
              >
              > of 33 MHzes and using my rtx ic7400 approaching
              >
              > the spar on the T1 I receive from 48 to 49 Noise with MHZ Molto.
              >
              > perfettamte converses with CFGSR and test All the of the Tensions
              >
              > They are Correct.
              >
              > And 'possible That Si570 Sia been born defective???
              >
              > Francesco Rinaldi it9esi

            • it9esi
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 8, 2012
                Him CFGSR Era Default STARTUP 28.200 TUNE 7.050
                I have Changed STARTUP 56.32 TUNE 14.080 SAVE
                CFGSR COMUNICA WITH ENSEMBLE MA IN EXIT
                SI570 NON CHANGES NOTHING
                CIAO Francesco it9esi

                > Ok ... PE0FKO GFSDR should have 56.32mhz as the startup/default freq ... does it?
                >
                > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                > From: franco@...
                > Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:46:05 +0200
                > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

                > CORRECT NUMBER
                > CAC0001410
                > D1KVK208+

              • MIKE DURKIN
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 9, 2012
                  To make surer were on the same pages ....
                  On the PE0FKO GFSDR tab "calibrate"
                  You have 56.32?

                  Im trying to verify that you have succeful communications with the AVR,  and it intern can communicate with the Si570 ....

                  Since you have a Cmos Si570 .... its the cheapest to buy if you need another ....

                  To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                  From: franco@...
                  Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:24:00 +0000

                  Him CFGSR Era Default STARTUP 28.200 TUNE 7.050
                  I have Changed STARTUP 56.32 TUNE 14.080 SAVE
                  CFGSR COMUNICA WITH ENSEMBLE MA IN EXIT
                  SI570 NON CHANGES NOTHING
                  CIAO Francesco it9esi

                  > Ok ... PE0FKO GFSDR should have 56.32mhz as the startup/default freq ... does it?
                  >
                  > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: franco@...
                  > Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:46:05 +0200
                  > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

                  > CORRECT NUMBER
                  > CAC0001410
                  > D1KVK208+

                • franco
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 9, 2012
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 179 KB
                  yes

                  From: franco@...
                  Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:24:00 +0000

                  Message 9 of 11 , Oct 9, 2012

                    >Im trying to verify that you have succeful communications with the AVR, and it intern can communicate with the Si570 ....

                    Mike, 56.32 is just a default figure that appears regardless.

                    The best way to be sure is to look at the "Test" tab.
                    The green dot at the bottom left indicates the controller is connected.
                    If the controller sees the Si570 all the fields should be filled. Tick the "Repeat" box to test for a reliable connection.

                    I had missed Francesco's problem.
                    Francesco, most times the problem is due to bad soldering.

                    Only very rarely is the Si570 faulty.