Ensemble RXTX Opto-isolator voltage question

  • richard.lawn@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
      I've decided to press on and everything now checks out very well with CFGSR and the si570.....except one thing has me puzzled. I see much less than .5v from pin 1 to the grnd pin on to isolator. Should I be concerned. I've checked and checked and can't see I've done anything wrong. What kind of voltage have others seen at this point in the diagnostic?

      Sorry to keep posting questions and problems but this has not been easy after being away from building for years. Now I'm retired and need things to do :)
      73
      Rick
      W2JAZ
    • Jaco Le roux
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2012
        Hi Rick,

        I have measured 0.026 Vdc at pin 1 WRT USB GND, My RXTX is working fine except for some kind of Interference with in the build, sometimes I have to disconnect USB for a few minutes and reconnect it, but further on the RXTX works fine with great RX and good 1Watt out.

        On the building notes they say <0.5 so I believe that anything below that could work except for 0Vdc, Hope you succeed with your build, it's great fun.

        73'

        de ZS6PX / Jaco