Re: [softrock40] Re: LO testing question clarification

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: LO testing question clarification

      >I know what CFGSR is designed to do, but if you look in the assembly manual in the testing section it shows a window of the CFGSR
      >on the test tab and a window with what looks like a USB oscilloscope. What am I missing here? There is no reference to this screen
      >any where and I'm guessing there is an assumption that we have an oscilloscope. Am I wrong?

      Rick

      You mean where it says " (Pay no attention to the lousy oscilloscope behind the curtains - the output is really a square wave, but
      the scope is a cheap USB scope that doesn't sample HF square waves very well.)"
      In most cases the constructor will not need a scope.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2012

        That scope is not supplied. It is the authors own USB scope. You will need another piece of hardware that makes the measurement and sends it to the computer and a software app. I have one. It is a small box you connect your leads to. Works really cool.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...