RE: [softrock40] I'll refine the question about HDSDR and fldigi

  • Brent G DeWitt
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012

      I agree.   I’m just not sure how to kill it.  Suggestions welcome!

      Brent DeWitt, AB1LF

      Milford, MA

      From: bdewitt@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:37:22 -0400

      I find the setup instructions documented in the files area to be very complete and well stated.  I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around the operational issue of tuning within HDSDR and Fldigi.

      If I transmit a pure carrier with HDSDR, and listen via headphones to the sound card output, I get an expected zero to something higher audio tone being the difference between “LO” and “Tune”.  When I connect Fldigi to the headphones, I get an expected modulated audio with an offset appropriate to the “tuned” reading on the Fldigi waterfall.  When I transmit Fldigi through VAC to HDSDR and listen to the sound card output, I hear the dominant offset from HDSDR with some Fldigi modulation superimposed on it.

      Is this the expected output, or do I still have something wrong?

      Thanks all!

      Brent, AB1LF

    • Jasmine Strong
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
        Does your sound card have any kind of "headphone expander" or other matrixing technology (like SRS)?  These often cause crosstalk unless you can figure out how to turn it firmly *off*.

        -J.