Re: I'll refine the question about HDSDR and fldigi

  • lc_hdsdr
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
      Hi Brent,

      i suppose you listened with some speakers INSTEAD of connecting the output to the radio? That would be a good idea! Unfortunately i'm not sure what is produced exactly. Some recording of this output with several modulation would help us greatly in understanding

      If you have an extra computer/notebook with soundcard, you could record the generated I/Q signal with a simple stereo audio recorder or with HDSDR on that extra computer. This would be the 'real' output.

      Without an extra computer, you may create a further VAC device, reconfigure HDSDR to send the generated TX output to this device and record this output for us.

      If there is some difference between this VAC output and the 'real' output, then possibly there is something wrong with the soundcard or the cables.

      Don't forget to note the modulation, LO+Tune frequency and the content for each recording.

      You could upload all these files to a Dropbox or something similar.

      kind regards,
      LC

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Brent G DeWitt" <bdewitt@...> wrote:

      > I find the setup instructions documented in the files area to be very
      > complete and well stated. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around
      > the operational issue of tuning within HDSDR and Fldigi.
      >

      > If I transmit a pure carrier with HDSDR, and listen via headphones to the
      > sound card output, I get an expected zero to something higher audio tone
      > being the difference between "LO" and "Tune". When I connect Fldigi to the
      > headphones, I get an expected modulated audio with an offset appropriate to
      > the "tuned" reading on the Fldigi waterfall. When I transmit Fldigi through
      > VAC to HDSDR and listen to the sound card output, I hear the dominant offset
      > from HDSDR with some Fldigi modulation superimposed on it.
      >

      > Is this the expected output, or do I still have something wrong?
      >

      > Thanks all!
      >

      > Brent, AB1LF

    • Jasmine Strong
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
        Does your sound card have any kind of "headphone expander" or other matrixing technology (like SRS)?  These often cause crosstalk unless you can figure out how to turn it firmly *off*.

        -J.

        On 6 Oct 2012, at 06:38, "Brent G DeWitt" <bdewitt@...> wrote:

        I agree.   I’m just not sure how to kill it.  Suggestions welcome!

        Brent DeWitt, AB1LF

        Milford, MA