LO testing question

  • richard.lawn@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2012
      Finally got to this stage and all appears to be working though I need to check the poto-isolator voltages tomorrow.

      One thing I don't understand is I don't see any USB scope when I'm at the tune tab in CFGSR. Is this scope a seperate application to part of CFGSR?

      I'm,sure this is stupid question but every once in a while,I don't get something in the assembly manual.
      Tnx
      Rick
      W2JAZ
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2012
        > One thing I don't understand is I don't see any USB scope when I'm at the tune tab in CFGSR. Is this scope a seperate application
        > to part of CFGSR?

        Rick,

        CFGSR is a setup program for the controller IC.
        It has some extra test features but it is not a SDR RX program.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • richard.lawn@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2012
          I know what CFGSR is designed to do, but if you look in the assembly manual in the testing section it shows a window of the CFGSR on the test tab and a window with what looks like a USB oscilloscope. What am I missing here? There is no reference to this screen any where and I'm guessing there is an assumption that we have an oscilloscope. Am I wrong?
          Rick
          W2jaz

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2012
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2012

              That scope is not supplied. It is the authors own USB scope. You will need another piece of hardware that makes the measurement and sends it to the computer and a software app. I have one. It is a small box you connect your leads to. Works really cool.

              73,

              Tim Herrick, KQ8M

              Charter Member North Coast Contesters

              kq8m@...