Re: Rocky 3.7 on a W7 machine?

  • warrenallgyer
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 5, 2012
      Great tip Ken!

      This Win 7/ Rocky problem has been driving my crazy for months and I had almost given up. Your idea works perfectly on my machine.

      Anyone have any idea why this works?

      Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Hardy <kenahardy@...> wrote:

      > When I open Rocky there is almost always a hot of crackle on rx and tx - BUT - I have found a trick where
      > if you go to 'view settings' and wait a second ot two and then return to Rocky the noise disappears for
      > always. It may take up to four or five changes to 'view settings' (no need to change any parameters)
      > before all is quiet.
    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 6, 2012

        Now that is really interesting. I am going to have to remember this when I use rocky next.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        This Win 7/ Rocky problem has been driving my crazy for months and I had almost given up. Your idea works perfectly on my machine.

        Anyone have any idea why this works?

        Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Hardy <kenahardy@...> wrote:

        > When I open Rocky there is almost always a hot of crackle on rx and tx - BUT - I have found a trick where
        > if you go to 'view settings' and wait a second ot two and then return to Rocky the noise disappears for
        > always. It may take up to four or five changes to 'view settings' (no need to change any parameters)
        > before all is quiet.

      • Kenneth Hardy
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2012
          Warren
          - thanks your comment but as to the why's and therefore's - I can only leave to the boffins!
          best  regards