Re: Rocky 3.7 on a W7 machine?

  • warrenallgyer
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 5, 2012
      Great tip Ken!

      This Win 7/ Rocky problem has been driving my crazy for months and I had almost given up. Your idea works perfectly on my machine.

      Anyone have any idea why this works?

      Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Hardy <kenahardy@...> wrote:

      > When I open Rocky there is almost always a hot of crackle on rx and tx - BUT - I have found a trick where
      > if you go to 'view settings' and wait a second ot two and then return to Rocky the noise disappears for
      > always. It may take up to four or five changes to 'view settings' (no need to change any parameters)
      > before all is quiet.
    • warrenallgyer
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 5, 2012
        Great tip Ken!

        This Win 7/ Rocky problem has been driving my crazy for months and I had almost given up. Your idea works perfectly on my machine.

        Anyone have any idea why this works?

        Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Hardy <kenahardy@...> wrote:

        > When I open Rocky there is almost always a hot of crackle on rx and tx - BUT - I have found a trick where
        > if you go to 'view settings' and wait a second ot two and then return to Rocky the noise disappears for
        > always. It may take up to four or five changes to 'view settings' (no need to change any parameters)
        > before all is quiet.
      • KQ8M
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2012

          Now that is really interesting. I am going to have to remember this when I use rocky next.

          73,

          Tim Herrick, KQ8M

          Charter Member North Coast Contesters

          kq8m@...

          AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

          This Win 7/ Rocky problem has been driving my crazy for months and I had almost given up. Your idea works perfectly on my machine.

          Anyone have any idea why this works?

          Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Hardy <kenahardy@...> wrote:

          > When I open Rocky there is almost always a hot of crackle on rx and tx - BUT - I have found a trick where
          > if you go to 'view settings' and wait a second ot two and then return to Rocky the noise disappears for
          > always. It may take up to four or five changes to 'view settings' (no need to change any parameters)
          > before all is quiet.

        • Kenneth Hardy
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2012
            Warren
            - thanks your comment but as to the why's and therefore's - I can only leave to the boffins!
            best  regards