Re: SB-Live-24 --- Constant Background Craclikg Sound??

  • tom_iphi
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hi Dick,

      I have the same card running on a Win2k machine (AMD Duron 1GHz)
      together with an AC97 internal sound card without problem. Both
      adapters coexist fine. I have also had it running on WinXP without
      problem. So, either you have some other drivers interfering with the
      sound driver or your soundblaster card has a defect.

      I would like to encourage you to contact creative labs directly. I
      had a problem with my card and -surprise- got answers from customer
      support.

      By the way. This card seems to have a built-in fault: a time delay
      between left and right recording channel, see:
      http://www.rz.fh-ulm.de/~baier/SONSTIGES/SoundBlaster/index.shtml
      (sorry, it's German, but the pictures speak for themselves).
      Creative Labs admitted that this is normal behavior. Quite nasty when
      sampling IQ-signals.

      73, Tom DG8SAQ