New SSB Tx Software

  • tom_iphi
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hello everybody,

      as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone Tx
      program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound card
      from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
      Rocky Rx software.

      This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it for
      functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.

      Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality? Also,
      suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically works I
      would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
      tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.

      The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
      folder.

      73, Tom DG8SAQ
    • tom_iphi
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
        Hi Ken,

        thanks for the link. That's interesting.
        My little piece of software is a bit more sofisticated than a test
        tone generator, though.
        It takes any microphone signal, passes it thru an adjustable band
        pass filter, translates it to any frequency between -20kHz and 20 kHz
        and generates an I and a Q signal, which is instantaneously output,
        so it's doing it in real time.

        73, Tom

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Ken - N9VV <n9vv@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tom, perhaps you would enjoy contacting DL6IAK who wrote an I/Q
        tone
        > generator: http://dl6iak.ba-karlsruhe.de/projects/2001-04-28.htm
        >
        > tom_iphi wrote:
        > >

        > > Hello everybody,
        > >
        > > as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-
        alone Tx
        > > program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound
        card
        > > from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
        > > Rocky Rx software.

      • Ken - N9VV
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006

          tom_iphi wrote:

          > Hello everybody,
          >
          > as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone Tx
          > program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound card
          > from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
          > Rocky Rx software.

        • Loren Moline WA7SKT
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
            Tom,

            What programming language do you use to write these programs?

            Loren

            If I do not dream then it can't come true!
            Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
            Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151

            >From: "tom_iphi" <iphi@...>
            >To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software
            >Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:43 -0000
            >
            >Hello everybody,
            >
            >as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone Tx
            >program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound card
            >from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
            >Rocky Rx software.
            >
            >This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it for
            >functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.
            >
            >Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality? Also,
            >suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically works I
            >would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
            >tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.
            >
            >The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
            >folder.
            >
            >73, Tom DG8SAQ

            Tom,

          • tom_iphi
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
              Hi Loren,

              I do it with Delphi. Actually I use Delphi 6 Personal Edition.

              73 Tom

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Loren Moline WA7SKT"
              <lmoline@...> wrote:

              > Tom,
              >
              > What programming language do you use to write these programs?
              >
              > Loren
              >

              > If I do not dream then it can't come true!
              > Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
              > Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151
              >

              > >From: "tom_iphi" <iphi@...>
              > >To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software
              > >Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:43 -0000
              > >
              > >Hello everybody,
              > >
              > >as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone
              Tx
              > >program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound
              card
              > >from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
              > >Rocky Rx software.
              > >
              > >This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it
              for
              > >functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.
              > >
              > >Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality?
              Also,
              > >suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically
              works I
              > >would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
              > >tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.
              > >
              > >The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
              > >folder.
              > >
              > >73, Tom DG8SAQ
              > >

              > Tom,

              > Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live
              Spaces
              > http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?
              href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?
              wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us

            • Cecilio Bayona
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
                tom_iphi wrote:
                > Hi Loren,
                >
                > I do it with Delphi. Actually I use Delphi 6 Personal Edition.
                >
                > 73 Tom
                >
                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Loren Moline WA7SKT"
                > <lmoline@...> wrote:
                >> Tom,
                >>
                >> What programming language do you use to write these programs?
                >>
                >> Loren
                >>

                >> If I do not dream then it can't come true!
                >> Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
                >> Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151
                >>

                >>> From: "tom_iphi" <iphi@...>
                >>> To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                >>> Subject: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software
                >>> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:43 -0000
                >>>
                >>> Hello everybody,
                >>>
                >>> as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone
                > Tx
                >>> program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound
                > card
                >> >from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
                >>> Rocky Rx software.
                >>>
                >>> This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it
                > for
                >>> functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.
                >>>
                >>> Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality?
                > Also,
                >>> suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically
                > works I
                >>> would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
                >>> tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.
                >>>
                >>> The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
                >>> folder.
                >>>
                >>> 73, Tom DG8SAQ
                >>>

                >> Tom,

                And it's free!

                < URL:http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_turbo.html >

                --

                Cecil
                KD5NWA

                "Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!" Don Seglio Batuna
              • Loren Moline WA7SKT
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2006
                  Tom,

                  Am I right to say that Delphi is for writing XP programs and wont work with
                  WIN98? I have not been able to find where I download the exact program..site
                  takes you around in circles.