Re: [softrock40] HF RX Ensemble II = fun

  • Ricardo Caratti
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
      Absolutely Tony.
      I have had fun with the RX Ensemble II.
      I really like listening to shortwave and I was impressed with the performance of this kit.
      It was my first assembly after 30 years away from electronics and I was very happy to mount it successfully.
      This also has helped me to improve my knowledge in electronics. Thanks also to this group.
      I hope you keep yourself creative about new projects.
      For now I do not have much to contribute with ideas to your project. But I'll do that as soon as possible.

      Congratulations for this project.

      73,
      PU2CLR.
      Ricardo.

      De: Tony Parks <kb9yig@...>
      Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 3 de Outubro de 2012 17:40
      Assunto: [softrock40] HF RX Ensemble II = fun

      Good Afternoon All,

      This morning around 8:00 AM I started the build of an HF version of the RX Ensemble II receiver. An hour break was taken around noon and by 3:30 PM two newly built HF RX Ensemble II receivers were playing. In the past two years I have probably built around 50 of the RX Ensemble II receivers.

      As I set at the computer listening to European CW stations on 20m and 15m it reminded me of my boyhood days in the early 50's in San Diego. I remember working two months delivering newspapers to 100 homes to earn enough for a $49 S-38C receiver. I was K6CUZ in those days and enjoyed CW operation on the low end of 40m with a converted ARC-5 transmitter.

      I hope others are also having fun with the kits!

      I continue to very much appreciate the good design suggestions I have received in the past six years to bring the kits to where they are now. The support given by members of this group makes all the difference in kit builders being successful with their kits.

      Thanks MUCH!!

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG