Re: [softrock40] Soundcards for laptops to use as A-to-D converters

  • Ian Mitchell
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2006
      In a teaching situation you might have 30 students and only a few PCs.
      In that situation if the student or school is purchasing the softrock
      then price does count. They can all experience the joy of building and
      testing their SDR and take it in turns using the available PCs. The
      Creative SB Live External USB is low cost with performance meeting the
      delta 44 it 48KHz.

      The world is bigger than our backyard.

      --
      Ian Mitchell
      Research Services

      Phone (03) 6226 7457
      Fax (03) 6226 2765

      Intl Phone +61 3 6226 7457
      Intl Fax +61 3 6226 2765

      http://www.research.utas.edu.au/
      "...for who can escape what he desires."
      Genesis, And Then There Were Three, 1978