Re: [softrock40] Re: Need more audio

  • John Greusel
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2012
      Al,
      I use that card with PSDR and a netbook. I have sufficient audio output with my 40,30,20 RXTX.
      I do believe the voltage setting affects the output level. I don't use any SB software at all- only drivers Windows offers.

      John
      KC9OJV

        --
        Al Gerheim
        Adopt a Homeless Pet

        --
        Al Gerheim
        Adopt a Homeless Pet
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2012

          > I get about 1.2 - 1.3 volts out
          (rms) maximum on one channel.

          Which is more than enough to drive a Softrock.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • John Greusel
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2012
            Al,
            I'll check when I get home.
            I seem to remember getting close to 1.8 v but my memory could be foggy. :-)

            John

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2012
              ... not "my" softrocks.  :-)   I have a 40,30,20 which works OK with the card at full volume, and I also have a (17),15,12, 10M which only gets to about 700mW out at full volume.  Keep in mind, with more complex waveforms like PSK, the shape factor will reduce the RMS value when peak-to-peak is at maximum.  I get 1.2V with a pure sinusoid (JT65 or RTTY).

              On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Alan <alan4alan@...> wrote:

              Which is more than enough to drive a Softrock.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)