RE: [softrock40] RXTX odd power output

  • KQ8M
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012

      Good suggestion, Jim.

      Maybe I will have to look at my Spectrum Analyzer.

      Anyhow, with all of the replacement parts not much more left to look at. Lol The HUGE problem I have is not having a good QRP Watt meter. I ordered a kit form a guy but he is busy with other things so it is low on his list of things to get done. I will try some of Bob's suggestions he had given me. Time to pull out the scope also. Lol I am thinking of building another one for this Gentleman I am building this for.

      Just compared this to my good one and on 20 I get 155mA current draw where with the good one I get 270mA, on 30 130/300 40 124/300. This is with Rocky and single tone. Using Rocky with no tone each bad draw the same current on both.

      73,

      Tim Herrick, KQ8M

      Charter Member North Coast Contesters

      kq8m@...

      AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012

        I believe I have found the problem. How about T4 would 3t/5t Bi. OOPPSSSS backwards. Should be 3T bi and 5T.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2012
          Since I have done the same steps (changing the Q's) while trying to find out why my ensemble just uses between 74 and 83 mA when SSB-ing and NOT having any HF-output at all (not even enough for driving a frequency-counter) I wil dismantle the T's too....

          Hopefully my kit becomes airborne afterwards....

          Martin Groenendaal PD0ZZ Netherlands