Re: [softrock40] RXTX odd power output

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hi Tim! Are you sure you are really getting 1 watt on 40?   With out the LPF inserted I to appear to have considerable more output on 40 due to the harmonic on 20..

      DE N8XYN Jim

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012

        Good suggestion, Jim.

        Maybe I will have to look at my Spectrum Analyzer.

        Anyhow, with all of the replacement parts not much more left to look at. Lol The HUGE problem I have is not having a good QRP Watt meter. I ordered a kit form a guy but he is busy with other things so it is low on his list of things to get done. I will try some of Bob's suggestions he had given me. Time to pull out the scope also. Lol I am thinking of building another one for this Gentleman I am building this for.

        Just compared this to my good one and on 20 I get 155mA current draw where with the good one I get 270mA, on 30 130/300 40 124/300. This is with Rocky and single tone. Using Rocky with no tone each bad draw the same current on both.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012

          I believe I have found the problem. How about T4 would 3t/5t Bi. OOPPSSSS backwards. Should be 3T bi and 5T.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2012
            Since I have done the same steps (changing the Q's) while trying to find out why my ensemble just uses between 74 and 83 mA when SSB-ing and NOT having any HF-output at all (not even enough for driving a frequency-counter) I wil dismantle the T's too....

            Hopefully my kit becomes airborne afterwards....

            Martin Groenendaal PD0ZZ Netherlands