Re: [softrock40] Changing softrocks USB problem

  • Albert Gerheim
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
      I know I fooled around with the serial numbers while I was writing my own s/w.  The problem is, PSDR doesn't ask for serial numbers.  If I select the serial number with CFGSR, will PSDR pick up the same card?  I"ll have to check it out when I get it all wired up again.  (At the moment, I'm using it with my "traveling" laptop.)

      On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

      Al,

      I seem to recall a procedure to assign a serial number to the receiver so that it could be uniquely identified. Search back in the archives for multiple receiver serial and see what you get.

      John

      On 10/1/2012 7:33 AM, alpg49 wrote:

      I have 2 softrocks. To change them with "some PC's", I just kill PSDR, switch the USB cables, and restart PSDR. No problems. With "other PC's", I have to switch the USB cables, then restart the whole PC. I followed the same instructions to install the driver on "all PC's".

      In a perfect world, the 2 cards should be software-selectable. I'd really like to avoid the PC restart just to change bands.

      Any ideas?

      -Al Gerheim, K1QN

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

      --
      Al Gerheim
      Adopt a Homeless Pet
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
        I know this is an odd question for a (primarily) low-band related subject, but this is somewhat of
        an odd application, so it *should* end up as a wash. HIHI

        I'm thinking of using a VHF/UHF version of the Ensemble II to receive multiple 2M/UHF repeater input
        frequencies, then send them back to their respective repeater sites via VoIP to be voted with their
        "main" receivers. I am wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this before, and if so, how
        it worked out for them.

        It seems to me as though I could have an Ensemble II running into a soundcard on the "decoder" PC.
        (or Raspberry PI module) The output of the sound card would need to be virtually split into
        multiple feeds. (using Virtual Audio Cable) Each of these feeds would run to an instance of some
        sort of *simple* (Read: non-CPU hog) SDR FM receiver software to decode each "channel." Each
        decoded channel would then be fed again though Virtual Audio Cable (or an actual audio cable) to an
        AllStar Node running the XIPAR package. (The remote VoIP voting software)

        I guess in my analysis of the above, the first thing to find is a simple FM SDR receiver software
        package. (Preferably running under linux) Anyone have any suggestions?

        I know this is "outside the box," but I like to push the envelope on occasion. HIHI

        Scott

        Scott Zimmerman
        Amateur Radio Call N3XCC
        474 Barnett Road
        Boswell, PA 15531
      • Mathison Ott

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
            > your going to need an amp! for 50w.
            <-- My intentions were to utilize this site as a remote receive site for many repeaters, NOT as a
            full-blown repeater site.

            I've ordered a couple of the RTL2832/E4000 based devices from FleaBay. I'll play around with them,
            but I think they'll work just fine. Thanks for the idea.

            It seems as though Osmocom might just do the trick for decoding multiple streams from this one
            device. Thanks for the ideas.

            Scott

            Scott Zimmerman
            Amateur Radio Call N3XCC