Drake TR7 bandscope

  • Georges
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2012
      Hi to the group,

      I am thinking about the 6m VHF Ensemble Softrock receiver to add bandscope ability to my Drake TR7, whose first IF frequency is 48,05 MHz.
      A RF pickup with a small capacitor would be made at the output of the J310 first IF amplifier, just before the 8 kHz wide 48,05 MHz roofing filter.

      Do you have any comments or suggestions?

      Thanks and best regards.

      Georges F6DFZ
    • Georges
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
        Hello!

        Nobody on line with use of VHF Ensemble Softrock as a bandscope for transceiver using up conversion and first IF at VHF?

        Georges

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Georges" <f6dfz@...> wrote:

        > Hi to the group,
        >
        > I am thinking about the 6m VHF Ensemble Softrock receiver to add bandscope ability to my Drake TR7, whose first IF frequency is 48,05 MHz.
        > A RF pickup with a small capacitor would be made at the output of the J310 first IF amplifier, just before the 8 kHz wide 48,05 MHz roofing filter.
        >
        > Do you have any comments or suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks and best regards.
        >
        > Georges F6DFZ

      • Bill Davis
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
          Your idea should work. I use several softrock based bandscopes. Google my call and check my SDR web pages if you are interested.

          73 Bill KOAWU

          ------------------------------
          On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 9:29 AM PDT Georges wrote:

          >Hello!
          >
          >Nobody on line with use of VHF Ensemble Softrock as a bandscope for transceiver using up conversion and first IF at VHF?
          >
          >Georges
          >

          >--- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Georges" <f6dfz@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi to the group,
          >>
          >> I am thinking about the 6m VHF Ensemble Softrock receiver to add bandscope ability to my Drake TR7, whose first IF frequency is 48,05 MHz.
          >> A RF pickup with a small capacitor would be made at the output of the J310 first IF amplifier, just before the 8 kHz wide 48,05 MHz roofing filter.
          >>
          >> Do you have any comments or suggestions?
          >>
          >> Thanks and best regards.
          >>
          >> Georges F6DFZ

        • Georges
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012