Sound Card advice

  • vk5djw
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2012
      Hello All,

      I have been able to get my softrock running using rocky and powersdr 1.12.20 and 1.19.3.15 using an xp machine with a PCI audigy ZS sound card. this machine is very unstable on power sdr iq 1.12.20 and 1.19.

      I have a windows 7 machine which is much more stable with power sdr iq. However it is a laptop. I have a usb sound blaster extigy but i cannot get it to work on windows 7 32 bit. does anyone know of a way to get the drivers for the extigy to work with windows 7 ?

      If this fails i have a sound blaster play to try also, if anyone has any advice on what to use for the ensemble rxtx with a laptop running windows 7 or the setup for an extigy or SB play on windows 7 that would be great - just need a point in the right direction.

      -Dan
      VK5DJW