Ensemble RXTX 07_RX Opamps and Output RX Promblem

  • Jaco Le roux
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
      Hi guy's,

      I have come this far with the new build for 40m/80m and have done every test at each step I went through and all test has passed, Now I have a problem with the reception on the RXTX, It works fine for a minute or two and then there is a very distorted sound over the hole spectrum, sometimes it goes away but most of the time it's there, if I unplug the USB and reconnect it it's a clean sound that came out but then it starts again, it almost sound like lightning (QRN), is there something I can look at maybe.

      Thanks
    • Jaco Le roux
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
        Hi All,

        I have taken screen captures when this problem starts, please chack these links for photo's.

        http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx51/ZS3JLR/001Begin.jpg
        http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx51/ZS3JLR/002Afteraminute.jpg
        http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx51/ZS3JLR/003afterafewminutes.jpg
        http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx51/ZS3JLR/004Allworks.jpg

        I'm really not sure what cause this, but if this happens I can even do control the Si570 anymore, but then when it comes back all is good, I have check all soldering point but re-solder all and after that it worked no problem but that didn't solved the problem it started again after about 5 hours .. please if there is something I can check let me know.

        Thank you

        73'
        de ZS6PX

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jaco Le roux" <zs3jlr@...> wrote:

        > Hi guy's,
        >
        > I have come this far with the new build for 40m/80m and have done every test at each step I went through and all test has passed, Now I have a problem with the reception on the RXTX, It works fine for a minute or two and then there is a very distorted sound over the hole spectrum, sometimes it goes away but most of the time it's there, if I unplug the USB and reconnect it it's a clean sound that came out but then it starts again, it almost sound like lightning (QRN), is there something I can look at maybe.
        >
        > Thanks

      • Taka Sugi
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
          Hello Jaco
          I had an experience of unstable sate of USB/Si570 .
          Did you set your RXTX board into metal case?
          If so, please check USB-Si570 land of PCB is isolated to case-GND.
          The hole of USB-Si570 land(the one of corner 4holes ) for setting PCB
          to case should be isolated by insulated spacer, bolt.
          And also make sure if USB Jack/plug is isolated from metal case.

          DE JA1TLH/Taka
        • Jaco Le roux
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
            Hi Taka,

            At this moment I'm still building the RXTX PCB where I'm at the Stage07 from 10 so, I have not yet mount it in a metal case.

            I do use Win7 and have found that it gives me a lot of times the unknown device problem even after I have load the certificate for the driver.

            The funny thing is that every time it happens I disconnect every thing and take the soldering iron and just touch every soldering poit on all the IC's and re-connect it to the pc, then it works again for a while, Not sure if something gets hot and stop working again.

            still all voltages are OK.

            I'm not sure if I must continue my build or first sort this out.

            thanks

            73'
            de ZS6PX
            Jaco

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Taka Sugi" <taka_sugi1206@...> wrote:

            > Hello Jaco
            > I had an experience of unstable sate of USB/Si570 .
            > Did you set your RXTX board into metal case?
            > If so, please check USB-Si570 land of PCB is isolated to case-GND.
            > The hole of USB-Si570 land(the one of corner 4holes ) for setting PCB
            > to case should be isolated by insulated spacer, bolt.
            > And also make sure if USB Jack/plug is isolated from metal case.
            >
            > DE JA1TLH/Taka

          • Taka Sugi
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
              Hi Jaco

              I understood you did'nt mount board in a metal case.
              So the problem is not board-case.

              > I do use Win7 and have found that it gives me a lot of times
              >the unknown device problem even after I have load the certificate
              >for the driver.

              This is very strange! Please install USB-driver again and confirm
              the driver is installed and working correctly.

              > The funny thing is that every time it happens I disconnect every
              >thing and take the soldering iron and just touch every soldering
              >poit on all the IC's and re-connect it to the pc, then it works
              >again for a while, Not sure if something gets hot and stop working
              >again.

              Please make sure,
              1.*** Are you using USB by other applications at the same time? ***
              2. Current draw of RXTX by measuring the voltage of resister
              (10ohm) which is inserted between +12V power supply and RXTX.

              I also recommend to confirm by using another PC/soundcard if you have,
              and try to another SDR software: PowerSDR,Rocky.

              DE JA1TLH/Taka
            • Jaco Le roux
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
                Hi again Taka,

                Sorry, I have been busy with work and didn't had time to check e-mail.

                First, I have tried two PC's one with win 7 and the other with winXP, same result, (software used, WinRadHD, PSDR, Rocky)

                I'm using a mouse on usb Verbatim model 49014

                Current draw with 10ohm resistor connected in line of +12volt
                Without USB connected = 18.59mA
                With USB connected = 24.09

                I have finished the build and it does TRX but when the problem persist even the transmitted RF (audio) sound like it when it receive.

                I will make a recording when I can find some English speaking Guy's and then I will post it here too.

                I hope that this info is sufficient.

                regards

                Jaco
                de ZS6PX

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Taka Sugi" <taka_sugi1206@...> wrote:

                > Hi Jaco
                >
                > I understood you did'nt mount board in a metal case.
                > So the problem is not board-case.
                >
                > > I do use Win7 and have found that it gives me a lot of times
                > >the unknown device problem even after I have load the certificate
                > >for the driver.
                >
                > This is very strange! Please install USB-driver again and confirm
                > the driver is installed and working correctly.
                >
                > > The funny thing is that every time it happens I disconnect every
                > >thing and take the soldering iron and just touch every soldering
                > >poit on all the IC's and re-connect it to the pc, then it works
                > >again for a while, Not sure if something gets hot and stop working
                > >again.
                >
                > Please make sure,
                > 1.*** Are you using USB by other applications at the same time? ***
                > 2. Current draw of RXTX by measuring the voltage of resister
                > (10ohm) which is inserted between +12V power supply and RXTX.
                >
                > I also recommend to confirm by using another PC/soundcard if you have,
                > and try to another SDR software: PowerSDR,Rocky.
                >
                > DE JA1TLH/Taka

              • Jaco Le roux
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
                  Sorry, Voltage measured on across 10ohm resistor = 0.253vdc with USB connected

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jaco Le roux" <zs3jlr@...> wrote:

                  > Hi again Taka,
                  >
                  > Sorry, I have been busy with work and didn't had time to check e-mail.
                  >
                  > First, I have tried two PC's one with win 7 and the other with winXP, same result, (software used, WinRadHD, PSDR, Rocky)
                  >
                  > I'm using a mouse on usb Verbatim model 49014
                  >
                  > Current draw with 10ohm resistor connected in line of +12volt
                  > Without USB connected = 18.59mA
                  > With USB connected = 24.09
                  >
                  > I have finished the build and it does TRX but when the problem persist even the transmitted RF (audio) sound like it when it receive.
                  >
                  > I will make a recording when I can find some English speaking Guy's and then I will post it here too.
                  >
                  > I hope that this info is sufficient.
                  >
                  > regards
                  >
                  > Jaco
                  > de ZS6PX
                  >
                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Taka Sugi" <taka_sugi1206@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Hi Jaco
                  > >
                  > > I understood you did'nt mount board in a metal case.
                  > > So the problem is not board-case.
                  > >
                  > > > I do use Win7 and have found that it gives me a lot of times
                  > > >the unknown device problem even after I have load the certificate
                  > > >for the driver.
                  > >
                  > > This is very strange! Please install USB-driver again and confirm
                  > > the driver is installed and working correctly.
                  > >
                  > > > The funny thing is that every time it happens I disconnect every
                  > > >thing and take the soldering iron and just touch every soldering
                  > > >poit on all the IC's and re-connect it to the pc, then it works
                  > > >again for a while, Not sure if something gets hot and stop working
                  > > >again.
                  > >
                  > > Please make sure,
                  > > 1.*** Are you using USB by other applications at the same time? ***
                  > > 2. Current draw of RXTX by measuring the voltage of resister
                  > > (10ohm) which is inserted between +12V power supply and RXTX.
                  > >
                  > > I also recommend to confirm by using another PC/soundcard if you have,
                  > > and try to another SDR software: PowerSDR,Rocky.
                  > >
                  > > DE JA1TLH/Taka

                • zs3jlr
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
                    Also use USB C-media Audio device for TX only

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jaco Le roux" <zs3jlr@...> wrote:

                    > Sorry, Voltage measured on across 10ohm resistor = 0.253vdc with USB connected
                    >
                    > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jaco Le roux" <zs3jlr@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Hi again Taka,
                    > >
                    > > Sorry, I have been busy with work and didn't had time to check e-mail.
                    > >
                    > > First, I have tried two PC's one with win 7 and the other with winXP, same result, (software used, WinRadHD, PSDR, Rocky)
                    > >
                    > > I'm using a mouse on usb Verbatim model 49014
                    > >
                    > > Current draw with 10ohm resistor connected in line of +12volt
                    > > Without USB connected = 18.59mA
                    > > With USB connected = 24.09
                    > >
                    > > I have finished the build and it does TRX but when the problem persist even the transmitted RF (audio) sound like it when it receive.
                    > >
                    > > I will make a recording when I can find some English speaking Guy's and then I will post it here too.
                    > >
                    > > I hope that this info is sufficient.
                    > >
                    > > regards
                    > >
                    > > Jaco
                    > > de ZS6PX
                    > >
                    > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Taka Sugi" <taka_sugi1206@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Hi Jaco
                    > > >
                    > > > I understood you did'nt mount board in a metal case.
                    > > > So the problem is not board-case.

                    > > > This is very strange! Please install USB-driver again and confirm
                    > > > the driver is installed and working correctly.

                    > > > Please make sure,
                    > > > 1.*** Are you using USB by other applications at the same time? ***
                    > > > 2. Current draw of RXTX by measuring the voltage of resister
                    > > > (10ohm) which is inserted between +12V power supply and RXTX.
                    > > >
                    > > > I also recommend to confirm by using another PC/soundcard if you have,
                    > > > and try to another SDR software: PowerSDR,Rocky.
                    > > >
                    > > > DE JA1TLH/Taka

                  • zs3jlr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 6, 2012
                      Hi here you can find the winrad RF file, open it in winrad, it is a short peace, you'll see the interference, sometime it starts and never stop until I unplug the USB for a few minutes and reconnect it again.

                      http://rxtxaudio.4shared.com/

                      regards