Icom IC-910H & SDR for satellite use using SoftRock

  • richard.lawn@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012
      I'm posting this query here for a friend who does not subscribe to this list yet. While I'm interested in what he's trying to do in adding panadapter features to his IC-910 using SoftRock hardware, please send your responses directly to him at the email address below.
      Rick
      W2JAZ

      Following up the paper from VK2DAG "IC-910H IF Tap for SDRs"
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5513613/IC-910%20SDR%20Mod.pdf <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5513613/IC-910%20SDR%20Mod.pdf>
      I decided to define what I would want in the next version of my amateur satellite station.

      I currently use my Icom IC-910H controlled either by SatPC32 or Ham Radio Deluxe.

      But what I really want is a panadapter receiver display similar to what I have on my FLEX-3000 for HF work. VK2DAG showed how to add a buffer to the IC-910 MAIN IF to drive a device to produce the necessary I/Q signals for the panadapter display.

      My other requirements are:

      Run under Windows 7-32 bit
      Use the MAIN IF frequency of the IC-910 of 10.850 MHz
      Have full Doppler tuning such as provided by SatPC32
      Be able to click-tune the system by clicking on the panadapter and have the receiver and transmitter Doppler correction follow

      One option might be the SoftRock Lite II Combined Receiver Kit <http://fivedash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=5> adjusted to the IC-910 IF frequency.

      I need suggestions on the SDR software which would interface with SatPC32, etc. and meet the other requirements above.

      Ron W5RKN
      w5rkn@...
      www.w5rkn.com <http://www.w5rkn.com>