Re: [softrock40] Audio system

  • ian mcphedran
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2012
      Thanks Shanon, I'll check that out
      Ian

      From: Shanon Herron <ka8spw@...>
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, 27 September 2012, 20:29
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Audio system

      The new HiDef audio jacks are different than the jacks used on the old mother boards.  The old MB had just the three wires from the jack that connected to the audio Codec, left, right and common.  The new jacks also have a SPST switch that tells the codec that something is indeed plugged into the jack and to go ahead and send or receive audio to it.  The codec disables unused jacks to remove noise from the system audio.  Unterminated jacks suck noise from everywhere!  (The switch connection in the jacks does not make any contact to the left or right audio lines.)  Search for and download the like 30 page document on it.  I was working on a headset project and ran into this improvment in the jacks.

      73, Shanon KA8SPW