If it ain't one thing, its another RXTX Ensemble rig number?

  • jaksha@noao.edu
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27 8:16 AM
      Hi, All. Well my Peaberry gave up the ghost last night. Quit transmitting. So while I begin investigating, I though I would substitute my RXTX Ensemble to run WSPR.

      Well, when I try to set the frequency band or TUNE, I get an error from WSPR.

      "Unknown Rig number, initialization error
      Error attempting to set rig frequency
      rigct1 -m 901 -r USB -s 4800 -C databits=8 -C stop_bits=2 -C serial_handshack=N
      one F 14095600"

      I have the rig number set to 901 SoftRock RxTx Ensemble.

      I have also tried, 2509 SoftRock

      Any thoughts on the problem?

      Thanks,

      Dave
      KF7DRU
    • warrenallgyer
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 27 2:16 PM
        Just a guess Dave.... but occasionally my Netbook USB port arbitrarily gives up the ghost and stops communication with the Si5170...and I get this same error. I am betting your Peaberry problem AND your RXTX problem are related to a USB issue on your PC.

        Unplug, re-plug, restart and all those other things blue screen of death haters endure.

        Does CFGSR see the Si5170?

        Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

      • jaksha@noao.edu
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27 6:43 PM
          Hi, Warren, I'm afraid its the Peaberry. I used CFGSR to toggle the PTT together with a I/Q signal generator. The RXTX ensemble transmits fine. The peaberry does nothing. And, yes CFGSR sees both fine. Must be something in the finals, I guessing. Remember I was complaining about the Peaberry going into oscillations and the power dropping.

          Still can't get the RXTX to change frequency with WSPR.

          Thanks,
          Dave
          KF7DRU

          > Just a guess Dave.... but occasionally my Netbook USB port arbitrarily gives up the ghost and stops communication with the Si5170...and I get this same error. I am betting your Peaberry problem AND your RXTX problem are related to a USB issue on your PC.
          >
          > Unplug, re-plug, restart and all those other things blue screen of death haters endure.
          >
          > Does CFGSR see the Si5170?
          >
          > Warren Allgyer - W8TOD
          >

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, jaksha@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi, All. Well my Peaberry gave up the ghost last night. Quit transmitting. So while I begin investigating, I though I would substitute my RXTX Ensemble to run WSPR.
          > >
          > > Well, when I try to set the frequency band or TUNE, I get an error from WSPR.
          > >
          > > "Unknown Rig number, initialization error
          > > Error attempting to set rig frequency
          > > rigct1 -m 901 -r USB -s 4800 -C databits=8 -C stop_bits=2 -C serial_handshack=N
          > > one F 14095600"
          > >
          > > I have the rig number set to 901 SoftRock RxTx Ensemble.
          > >
          > > I have also tried, 2509 SoftRock
          > >
          > > Any thoughts on the problem?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Dave
          > > KF7DRU

        • John Greusel
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27 8:23 PM
            When in doubt throw the BS170s out.
            I've replaced a couple sets along the way with Softrocks.

            John
            KC9OJV

          • jaksha@noao.edu
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27 9:51 PM
              Hi, John. I have done just that. Ordered some replacements today.

              Dave

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Greusel <greusel@...> wrote:

              > When in doubt throw the BS170s out.
              > I've replaced a couple sets along the way with Softrocks.
              >
              > John
              > KC9OJV

            • Alex Turcu

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 28 8:06 AM
                  OOOH. I thought the Peaberry patch was transparent to the Softrock. I will give that a try, Alex. Thanks.

                  Dave
                  Kf7DRU