Re: [softrock40] What Is This Interference

  • Jasmine Strong
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2012

      My antenna runs quite close to some phone lines, and they give off a constant RAWRAWRAWRAWR noise between 3 and 14 MHz.  I believe it is ADSL.

      -J.

      On Sep 26, 2012, at 7:12 PM, Kevin Kleinfelter <kevin@...> wrote:

      Took forever, but I found it.  It is a pair of PowerLine network adapters.  It was tricky to find.  One at a time, I turned off each breaker.  No single breaker removed the noise, because I have one adapter on one outlet upstairs and another on an outlet in the basement (on another circuit).  I figured it was outside my house.

      This weekend, when I tested my new emergency generator, I pulled the main breaker an took the whole house dark.  THAT made the noise go away, and once I knew it was in my home, it didn't take too long to find.  My 13 year-old described the sound as continuous flatulence.  ;-)

      Without the noise, I can suddenly receive more signals with my Softrocks.

      Kevin / K4KPK

      On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Jerry Kaidor <jerry@...> wrote:

      *** Over the horizon radar? There's a signal that sounds like a washing
      machine that I hear a lot here.

      - Jerry, KF6VB