Softrock exciter - stack version.

  • Geoff Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2006
      Tony,

      Due to other commitments I have only now got round to testing my softrock
      exciter. Testing the exciter board itself this morning I hit a silly snag
      which fooled me for a couple of hours until the penny dropped.

      The testing instructions say

      "...... Pin2 of P5 should be at about 1.6 volts DC and the pins 1 and 3 of
      P5 should show a somewhat raged signal with a 40M component when viewed with
      a scope."

      Yes - indeed it does but ONLY IF YOU APPLY THE PTT.. ;-)
      To save others the embarrassment you might care to include this fact in the
      construction notes for the new board!

      ...and now onwards and upwards to the PA stage.....

      loving it... Best fun I've had with my clothes on for a long time...!

      73 de Geoff
      G3NPA
      Geoff.Anderson@...