V6 Exciter QRV Today!

  • qrper723
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2006
      Hi all enjoying tiny software radio.

      I've finished to build my V6-Exciter <Stack> yesterday and made a
      2way-QRP QSO in an hour this afternoon on around 7003KHz JA-QRP
      frequency. At first I called CQ D80HQ/QRP from South Korea and I was
      much surprised to hear that! My first V6Exciter QSO is DX although PA
      is only 100mW output power level.

      I used Exciter with DDS60 and set the center frequency to 7020KHz.
      It worked fine!

      After that I made several QRP QSO with usual JA-QRPer and had no
      problem in operation.

      I use PowerSDR with CWX keyboard keying and sometimes use external
      paddle into com port. I feel a little bit delay with external keying.
      And I use another receiver to get a sidetone monitor but it will be
      unnecessary when I use the external electronic keyer with its sidetone.

      Nice job dear Tony and thanks for important suggestion dear Terry and
      Bill.

      It may be a first QSO using V6Exciter in Japan.
      Maybe the V6RXTX will arrive in the next week I will enjoy to make
      that and compare with V6Exciter especially in PA output level. hi.

      Thanks again.

      ja9mat hidehiko.