Someone to Repair Ensemble Rx/TX

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2012
      My Ensemble Rx/Tx was working fine on receive for several months (No Tx attempted) when it started drawing excessive current. Examining the board I found the source resistor R48 on the BS-170 burned. Since this seem to indicate a shorted device I confirmed current draw by unsoldering CT of transformer T4. This seemed to eliminate the current drain. Based on the above am assuming BS170 shorted or possible excessive Gate voltage.

      Since at this point in life neither my eyes or hands are up to the job of confirming this and replacing the respective parts, would be pleased to hire someone to assist OR if someone would like to have a previously working unit (Now have a Flex-5000) would sell for basically kit plus enclosure price. Thinks that's on the order of $100 but whatever.
      Contact Randy, K9BCT, at K9BCT@... if interested.
      73'
      Randy
      (P.S. Pixs are available if desired)