Re: rxtx doesn't transmit

  • kosixsy
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 18, 2012
      MArc,
      I am away at the moment and haven't tried Vista but could when I get back. I am using my RX/TX with XP and an external USB Sound Blaster. I didn't have any luck at all getting Rocky to TX so would be interested to see what you find.
      Malcolm

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Marc Katz <mkatz_08852@...> wrote:

      > Hey Malcolm
      >
      > I believe that all is well with USB control of the "rock" as my reception is great, especially when 10m opens up. The tuning IS off, but that is where calibration is necessary.
      >
      > Also, when I change the frequency in the software, the LO changes as well.
      >
      > I do have power up on max and had to turn mic gain down as I was pinning the meter.
      >
      > I was thinking of giving Rocky a turn. I just don't know if it is going to work on Vista; I hear that there are problems.
      >
      > Marc
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Jasmine Strong
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
        Does your sound card have any kind of "headphone expander" or other matrixing technology (like SRS)?  These often cause crosstalk unless you can figure out how to turn it firmly *off*.

        -J.

        On 6 Oct 2012, at 06:38, "Brent G DeWitt" <bdewitt@...> wrote:

        I agree.   I’m just not sure how to kill it.  Suggestions welcome!

        Brent DeWitt, AB1LF

        Milford, MA

        From: bdewitt@...
        Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:37:22 -0400

        I find the setup instructions documented in the files area to be very complete and well stated.  I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around the operational issue of tuning within HDSDR and Fldigi.

        If I transmit a pure carrier with HDSDR, and listen via headphones to the sound card output, I get an expected zero to something higher audio tone being the difference between “LO” and “Tune”.  When I connect Fldigi to the headphones, I get an expected modulated audio with an offset appropriate to the “tuned” reading on the Fldigi waterfall.  When I transmit Fldigi through VAC to HDSDR and listen to the sound card output, I hear the dominant offset from HDSDR with some Fldigi modulation superimposed on it.

        Is this the expected output, or do I still have something wrong?

        Thanks all!

        Brent, AB1LF