Re: [softrock40] Re: rxtx doesn't transmit

  • Marc Katz
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 17, 2012
      Alan

      The fine tuning is next on the list. I have a Yeasu FT897D sitting on the table laughing at me right now.

      I am testing the SDR with a 10M dipole (with a 3:1 SWR) made just for this project. When the SDR seems to be basically working, I'll put up a better antenna and set up everything neatly on the table in its own spot. I even ordered an enclosure for the SDR. Then the fine tuning.

      Marc, WB2MSC

      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
        Does your sound card have any kind of "headphone expander" or other matrixing technology (like SRS)?  These often cause crosstalk unless you can figure out how to turn it firmly *off*.

        -J.

        On 6 Oct 2012, at 06:38, "Brent G DeWitt" <bdewitt@...> wrote:

        I agree.   I’m just not sure how to kill it.  Suggestions welcome!

        Brent DeWitt, AB1LF

        Milford, MA

        From: bdewitt@...
        Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:37:22 -0400

        I find the setup instructions documented in the files area to be very complete and well stated.  I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around the operational issue of tuning within HDSDR and Fldigi.

        If I transmit a pure carrier with HDSDR, and listen via headphones to the sound card output, I get an expected zero to something higher audio tone being the difference between “LO” and “Tune”.  When I connect Fldigi to the headphones, I get an expected modulated audio with an offset appropriate to the “tuned” reading on the Fldigi waterfall.  When I transmit Fldigi through VAC to HDSDR and listen to the sound card output, I hear the dominant offset from HDSDR with some Fldigi modulation superimposed on it.

        Is this the expected output, or do I still have something wrong?

        Thanks all!

        Brent, AB1LF