rxtx doesn't transmit

  • mkatz_08852
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 15, 2012
      Hello guys,

      I completed the build and receiver works well.

      I can't get it to transmit, though. I am using HDSDR. When I click on transmit, the software behaves as though it is sending but a separate receiver and freq ctr don't receive anything.

      I set the two sound cards as Alan instructed (I think) with RX in and TX out going to the SB and RX out and TX in going to an inexpensive dongle.

      The current draw according to the power supply is around 50ma on receive and 120ma on transmit. According to the build notes, the 50ma is a bit high. The finals are not getting hot.

      Any ideas?
      Marc WB2MSC
    • Jasmine Strong
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
        Does your sound card have any kind of "headphone expander" or other matrixing technology (like SRS)?  These often cause crosstalk unless you can figure out how to turn it firmly *off*.

        -J.

        On 6 Oct 2012, at 06:38, "Brent G DeWitt" <bdewitt@...> wrote:

        I agree.   I’m just not sure how to kill it.  Suggestions welcome!

        Brent DeWitt, AB1LF

        Milford, MA

        From: bdewitt@...
        Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:37:22 -0400

        I find the setup instructions documented in the files area to be very complete and well stated.  I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around the operational issue of tuning within HDSDR and Fldigi.

        If I transmit a pure carrier with HDSDR, and listen via headphones to the sound card output, I get an expected zero to something higher audio tone being the difference between “LO” and “Tune”.  When I connect Fldigi to the headphones, I get an expected modulated audio with an offset appropriate to the “tuned” reading on the Fldigi waterfall.  When I transmit Fldigi through VAC to HDSDR and listen to the sound card output, I hear the dominant offset from HDSDR with some Fldigi modulation superimposed on it.

        Is this the expected output, or do I still have something wrong?

        Thanks all!

        Brent, AB1LF