Re: 500 kHz RXTX Ensemble operation

  • yl2gqn
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2012
      Hi ,

      Very interesting especially in combination with 137 kHz band.
      Will be great to have 137/500 RXTX

      Regards,
      Andy. YL2QN

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Good Morning All,
      >
      > I replied negatively to a recent inquiry concerning 500 kHz operation of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver since commanding the Si570 to 2 kHz does not work. However, it got me thinking about what could be done to get the RXTX down to 500 kHz.
      >
      > A small low-cost circuit board with a 74AC74 clock divide by four function could be done that would mount above the R13/R14 corner of the RXTX circuit board. Other changes to the RXTX for 500 kHz operation would include filter components.
      >
      > Please let me know if there is interest in a 500 kHz RXTX Ensemble transceiver kit.
      >
      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Philip
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2012
        Yes, count me in...

        Philip G4JVF

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "m0fmt" <m0fmt@...> wrote:

        > Me Too!!!
        >
        > And what about 136 on the same card?
        >
        > Best regards Pete M0fmt.
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, ron <hamshack@> wrote:
        > >
        > > i'm interested.
        > > ron, kc0tdj

      • Parks, Tony
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2012
          Good Morning All,

          There has been enough interest expressed for me to move ahead with the add on circuit board for LF operation of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver.  The board and additional components would be suitable for building the RXTX for operation on one or the other of the 137 kHz or 500 kHz frequencies.

          I am going to work on the add on board this weekend with the idea of having a 137 kHz and a 500 kHz RXTX Ensemble test units built up around mid-September.

          I will be looking for two testers for the two LF transceiver units.  Testers will need to have access to suitable test equipment to make certain the TX output purity meets regulation requirements. If you are interested in being one of the testers and can provide the performance measurements, the test units will be provided at no cost.

          Thanks for your interest in the project!

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG

          On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Philip <pcteee@...> wrote:

          Yes, count me in...

          Philip G4JVF

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "m0fmt" <m0fmt@...> wrote:

          > Me Too!!!
          >
          > And what about 136 on the same card?
          >
          > Best regards Pete M0fmt.
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, ron <hamshack@> wrote:
          > >
          > > i'm interested.
          > > ron, kc0tdj

        • Kenneth Hardy
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2012
             Tony
            I would jump at the chance to build a 500khz board - this band becomes available in the UK soon and as
            an ex marine op I would love to work the band again.
            Proud possessor of RX/TX 6.2 and 6.3 and Ensemble

            Ken Hardy M0XBK

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2012
              Good Morning All,

              The clk/16 circuit board layout for the low-cost add-on circuit board to provided for LF operation of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver was completed this past weekend.

              The board is small, 1.0 inches x0.625 inches, and mounts two 74AC74 devices to provide for a clock division of 16 on the clock signal coming from the Si570 via T1.  Other components included on the board are three capacitors and four resistors.  Two of the resistors need to be mounted on the add-on board with their leads extending below the board to mate up with the R12/R14 hole pattern on the RXTX board for power and signal connections between  the two boards.

              With an overall division of 64 on the Si570 output frequency to the QSD/QSE quadrature clocks the Si570 will be at about 8.7 MHz for 136 kHz operation and about 32 MHz for 500 kHz operation.

              Prototype clk/16 circuit boards will go on order Tuesday and boards should be back by early this coming week.  What remains now is to get the details worked out for the LPF/BPF changes on the RXTX board for the two LF frequency options.

              I am still planing on building up two test samples of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver, one for the 136 kHz case and one for the 500 kHz case.  These two test samples will be sent at no charge to people who are interested in evaluating RXTX LF operation.

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2012

                Quick question, Tony. Where do you order your boards from?

                73,

                Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                kq8m@...

                AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 7, 2012
                  Hello Tony,

                  If you don't find local tester, I have access to Agilent E4403 and Rohde & Schwarz FSL18 equipment and I can make necessary measurements.

                  Regards,
                  Andy YL2QN.

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

                  > Good Morning All,
                  >
                  > There has been enough interest expressed for me to move ahead with the add
                  > on circuit board for LF operation of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver. The
                  > board and additional components would be suitable for building the RXTX for
                  > operation on one or the other of the 137 kHz or 500 kHz frequencies.
                  >
                  > I am going to work on the add on board this weekend with the idea of having
                  > a 137 kHz and a 500 kHz RXTX Ensemble test units built up around
                  > mid-September.
                  >
                  > I will be looking for two testers for the two LF transceiver units.
                  > Testers will need to have access to suitable test equipment to make certain
                  > the TX output purity meets regulation requirements. If you are interested
                  > in being one of the testers and can provide the performance measurements,
                  > the test units will be provided at no cost.
                  >
                  > Thanks for your interest in the project!
                  >
                  > 73,
                  > Tony KB9YIG
                  >
                  > On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Philip <pcteee@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Yes, count me in...
                  > >
                  > > Philip G4JVF
                  > >

                  > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "m0fmt" <m0fmt@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Me Too!!!
                  > > >
                  > > > And what about 136 on the same card?
                  > > >
                  > > > Best regards Pete M0fmt.

                • Parks, Tony
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 7, 2012
                    Thanks for the offer to help with the testing Andy.

                    Which frequency range would be of interest to you?

                    Thanks and 73,

                    On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM, yl2gqn <driverzip@...> wrote:

                    Hello Tony,

                    If you don't find local tester, I have access to Agilent E4403 and Rohde & Schwarz FSL18 equipment and I can make necessary measurements.

                    Regards,
                    Andy YL2QN.

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

                    > Good Morning All,
                    >
                    > There has been enough interest expressed for me to move ahead with the add
                    > on circuit board for LF operation of the RXTX Ensemble transceiver. The
                    > board and additional components would be suitable for building the RXTX for
                    > operation on one or the other of the 137 kHz or 500 kHz frequencies.
                    >
                    > I am going to work on the add on board this weekend with the idea of having
                    > a 137 kHz and a 500 kHz RXTX Ensemble test units built up around
                    > mid-September.
                    >
                    > I will be looking for two testers for the two LF transceiver units.
                    > Testers will need to have access to suitable test equipment to make certain
                    > the TX output purity meets regulation requirements. If you are interested
                    > in being one of the testers and can provide the performance measurements,
                    > the test units will be provided at no cost.
                    >
                    > Thanks for your interest in the project!
                    >
                    > 73,
                    > Tony KB9YIG
                    >
                    > On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Philip <pcteee@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **

                    > > Yes, count me in...
                    > >
                    > > Philip G4JVF
                    > >

                    > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "m0fmt" <m0fmt@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Me Too!!!
                    > > >
                    > > > And what about 136 on the same card?
                    > > >
                    > > > Best regards Pete M0fmt.

                  • yl2gqn
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 16, 2012
                      Hello,

                      My personal interest is 136 KHz, but if you provide details (schematic) how to rebuild to 500 KHz band I can rebuild band specific parts after 136 KHz test's

                      Regards,
                      Andt, YL2QN.