DC Power socket - why so large inner pin?

  • stu_capon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012
      I'm sure the answer to this is in the mists of time but why is the DC socket not the common size used on CCTV equipment?

      For my softrocks I always end up cutting cables or using adapters to increase the inner pin size to fit, if we had the option to specify 2.1mm power connector we could use the common power splitters or screw terminal adapters ten a penny on Ebay.

      Just a question/idea.

      Regards
      Stu