Re: [softrock40] help with a peaberry problem

  • Zoel G
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 30, 2012
      Powered by DVB-S2

      From: David Turnbull <dturnbull@...>
      Sender: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:48:15 -0700
      To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] help with a peaberry problem

      Dave, did you reload the software to make sure you are using the
      default settings?

      73 David AE9RB

    • jaksha@noao.edu
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
        Hi, All.

        I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: help with a peaberry problem

          > I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored
          > about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

          Dave,

          The only thing that can do this is a sample delay setting. Set in one or two not in the other(s).

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • MIKE DURKIN
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
            Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
            Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....

            Mike KC7NOA

            To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            From: jaksha@...
            Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:54:12 +0000

            Hi, All.

            I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

            Dave

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Zoel G" <yb0oo@...> wrote:

            > Powered by DVB-S2

          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
              Ahhhh .... yeaaaa.... I forget about the sampling trick that some soyndcards do ... that creates a phase difference in I/Q.

              I try to stay away from those soundcards myself ....

              Mike KC7NOA

              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              From: alan4alan@...
              Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:07:58 +0000
              Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: help with a peaberry problem

              > I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored
              > about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

              Dave,

              The only thing that can do this is a sample delay setting. Set in one or two not in the other(s).

              73 Alan G4ZFQ

            • Kevin Kleinfelter

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
                  Yes that is correct... I make my own cables

                  To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012

                    Rocky can swap IQ, at least the version I have can. It’s in settings on the Audio tab.

                    Yes you can swap cables as well as doing it in software.

                    73,

                    Chris

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012

                      View menu, Settings menu item, Audio tab, under Channels check "Left/Right = I / Q" or "Left/Right = Q / I".

                      73 de Graham G3ZOD FISTS #8385
                      http://fists.co.uk

                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

                      > Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
                      > Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....
                      >
                      > Mike KC7NOA

                    • KQ8M
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012

                        Ummm…Yes, Rocky can swap I/Q. PowerSDR can't.

                        73,

                        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                        kq8m@...

                        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

                        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jaksha@...
                        Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:54:12 +0000

                        Hi, All.

                        I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

                        Dave

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Zoel G" <yb0oo@...> wrote:

                        > Powered by DVB-S2

                      • MIKE DURKIN
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
                          Hey cool, Wonder if rocky works under wine/mono with Lennox

                          To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                          From: grahamg3zod@...
                          Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:33:51 +0000

                          View menu, Settings menu item, Audio tab, under Channels check "Left/Right = I / Q" or "Left/Right = Q / I".
                          73 de Graham G3ZOD FISTS #8385
                          http://fists.co.uk
                          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

                          > Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
                          > Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....
                          >
                          > Mike KC7NOA

                        • David Turnbull
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012
                            The Peaberry includes an integrated USB sound device that I designed for SDR so it has no emphasis filtering and no sample shifting is necessary. There are no audio cables. Reversing the receiver I/Q on a Peaberry can be done with a jumper if your software doesn't have a setting.

                            73 David AE9RB
                            http://AE9RB.com/

                            On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Kevin Kleinfelter <kevin@...> wrote:

                            Here's where I expose my total ignorance.  I/Q pass between the radio and the computer via the Left/Right channel on the audio cable, right?  For Rocky, can't one wire up an audio cable that swaps left and right?
                            Kevin / K4KPK / Ignorant

                            On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

                            Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
                            Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....

                            Mike KC7NOA

                          • Zack Widup

                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012

                                Rocky does reverse i/q.....

                                Enviado do tablet Samsung

                                To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 31, 2012

                                  Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...

                                  What is the problem again?
                                  Mirrored around the centre means same signals each side?
                                  That means no image rejection.

                                  IQ wrong means tuning reversed and LSB instead of USB.

                                  Which is it?