Re: help with a peaberry problem

  • jaksha@noao.edu
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 30 10:20 PM
      If you mean re-download the software, then no I haven't. I can give that a try tomorrow.

      Thanks,

      Dave

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

      > Dave, did you reload the software to make sure you are using the
      > default settings?
      >
      > 73 David AE9RB
      >
      > On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM, <jaksha@...> wrote:
      > > Hi, everyone.
      > >
      > > I just finished a Peaberry SDR and have it working ok under HDSDR. However, if I run the hardware with either Rocky or SDR radio, I get a display with every signal mirrored about the center. Can anyone suggest what the problem would be? Is there a setup that I am not doing correctly in the other software?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Dave
      > > KF7DRU

    • Zoel G
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 30 11:09 PM
        Powered by DVB-S2

        From: David Turnbull <dturnbull@...>
        Sender: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:48:15 -0700
        To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [softrock40] help with a peaberry problem

      • jaksha@noao.edu
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 31 9:54 AM
          Hi, All.

          I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 31 10:07 AM
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: help with a peaberry problem

            > I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored
            > about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

            Dave,

            The only thing that can do this is a sample delay setting. Set in one or two not in the other(s).

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 31 10:18 AM
              Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
              Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....

              Mike KC7NOA

              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              From: jaksha@...
              Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:54:12 +0000

              Hi, All.

              I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

              Dave

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Zoel G" <yb0oo@...> wrote:

              > Powered by DVB-S2

            • MIKE DURKIN
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 31 10:23 AM
                Ahhhh .... yeaaaa.... I forget about the sampling trick that some soyndcards do ... that creates a phase difference in I/Q.

                I try to stay away from those soundcards myself ....

                Mike KC7NOA

                To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                From: alan4alan@...
                Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:07:58 +0000
                Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: help with a peaberry problem

                > I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored
                > about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

                Dave,

                The only thing that can do this is a sample delay setting. Set in one or two not in the other(s).

                73 Alan G4ZFQ

              • Kevin Kleinfelter

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 31 10:28 AM
                    Yes that is correct... I make my own cables

                    To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 31 10:30 AM

                      Rocky can swap IQ, at least the version I have can. It’s in settings on the Audio tab.

                      Yes you can swap cables as well as doing it in software.

                      73,

                      Chris

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 31 10:33 AM

                        View menu, Settings menu item, Audio tab, under Channels check "Left/Right = I / Q" or "Left/Right = Q / I".

                        73 de Graham G3ZOD FISTS #8385
                        http://fists.co.uk

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

                        > Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
                        > Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....
                        >
                        > Mike KC7NOA

                      • KQ8M
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 31 10:34 AM

                          Ummm…Yes, Rocky can swap I/Q. PowerSDR can't.

                          73,

                          Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                          Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                          kq8m@...

                          AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

                          To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jaksha@...
                          Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:54:12 +0000

                          Hi, All.

                          I did an uninstall and re-downloaded SDR-radio. Started it up, and no difference. Same with Rocky. Everything is still mirrored about the center. HDSDR still works ok.

                          Dave

                          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Zoel G" <yb0oo@...> wrote:

                          > Powered by DVB-S2

                        • MIKE DURKIN
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 31 10:38 AM
                            Hey cool, Wonder if rocky works under wine/mono with Lennox

                            To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                            From: grahamg3zod@...
                            Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:33:51 +0000

                            View menu, Settings menu item, Audio tab, under Channels check "Left/Right = I / Q" or "Left/Right = Q / I".
                            73 de Graham G3ZOD FISTS #8385
                            http://fists.co.uk
                            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

                            > Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
                            > Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....
                            >
                            > Mike KC7NOA

                          • David Turnbull
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 31 10:45 AM
                              The Peaberry includes an integrated USB sound device that I designed for SDR so it has no emphasis filtering and no sample shifting is necessary. There are no audio cables. Reversing the receiver I/Q on a Peaberry can be done with a jumper if your software doesn't have a setting.

                              73 David AE9RB
                              http://AE9RB.com/

                              On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Kevin Kleinfelter <kevin@...> wrote:

                              Here's where I expose my total ignorance.  I/Q pass between the radio and the computer via the Left/Right channel on the audio cable, right?  For Rocky, can't one wire up an audio cable that swaps left and right?
                              Kevin / K4KPK / Ignorant

                              On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

                              Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...
                              Oh wait, rocky can't do that. So make a choice, reverse I/Q on the hardware or ....

                              Mike KC7NOA

                            • Zack Widup

                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 31 11:57 AM

                                  Rocky does reverse i/q.....

                                  Enviado do tablet Samsung

                                  To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 31 2:01 PM

                                    Reverse the I/Q in software ... of sdr-radio & rocky...

                                    What is the problem again?
                                    Mirrored around the centre means same signals each side?
                                    That means no image rejection.

                                    IQ wrong means tuning reversed and LSB instead of USB.

                                    Which is it?