Re: [softrock40] HDSDR software & Ensemble RX ( older general coverage RX ) UPDATE

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2012

      > Thanks to all that commented on my older Ensemble RX not working
      > correctly with HDSDR ,again works perfect with Power SDR-IQ and Rocky.

      > I tried the suggestions but they did not work,even loaded newest HDSDR software.

      > I have ExtIO_Si570.dll in its place and tried changing the I/Q
      > settings ,it does shift things around but doesn't make it work
      > correctly. What I am getting is a segment of a band ( can be any
      > band based on where Si570 software sezs things are tuned ) ,HDSDR tunes very broad.
      > If it ends up around WWV at 5.000Mhz it tunes WWV way down to 2-3Mhz and up to about 7-8Mhz.

      > In HDSDR what should Ext I/Q frequency options be set to in OPTIONS ?

      > Any other ideas ,I'd like to get HDSDR to work.

      > Al

      28/08/2012 10:35

      Here's my working set up, but ticking the bottom box option also
      works just the same. For some reason my frequency offset disappeared
      during the night, not sure why, but that's by the by.

      I an just the opposite, never had any big issues with HDSDR, but I
      have NEVER got Rock or Power SDR-IQ to work properly. Or at all in
      the case of Power SDR-IQ :)

      The screenshot is at http://www.gatesgarth.com/io.jpg

      Good luck with it Al. Only issue I have is if fine tuning with a mouse
      wheel the frequency will sometimes just jump wildly to another place
      in the band.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY