Re: [softrock40] Re: Can SDR radios using a Si570 be locked to an external frequency standard?

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 27, 2012
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Can SDR radios using a Si570 be locked to an external frequency standard?

      >> But what is 7ppm?

      John,

      Thanks, that's clarified things. I was confused, not unusual.

      I was thinking temperature coefficient, in ppm per °C.
      But the Si570 parameter quoted is temperature stability in ppm over the whole range, -40 to +85C. The data sheet I looked at gave
      that range as "Test Condition".
      So 7 ppm over that range is quite a high spec.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ