Re: [softrock40] Fwd: Re: Curiosity on Mars [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Fwd: Re: Curiosity on Mars [1 Attachment]

      > you can just about make out the 'JPL' in Morse Code

      Bruce,

      Please explain how we get this on a Softrock:)

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Jasmine Strong
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2012
          Actually not Curiosity...
        • Bruce Tanner
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
            It would be quite a fete, Alan. Having said that, their are those already attempting to received sigs on 430 MHz or there 'bouts (I think that is it) with the FCD, etc.

            However, I apologize for not providing an "OT" label in the subject line. Just amazed and proud of Humanity, I guess...

            Back to things, Softrock....

            Bruce, K2BET

            --
            On 8/11/2012 2:16 AM, Alan wrote:

            > you can just about make out the 'JPL' in Morse Code

            Bruce,

            Please explain how we get this on a Softrock:)

            73 Alan G4ZFQ

            __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7376 (20120811) __________

            http://www.eset.com

          • alanzfq
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

              > It would be quite a fete, Alan. Having said that, their are those
              > already attempting to received sigs on 430 MHz or there 'bouts (I think

              Bruce,

              Jasmine has already explained how it ties in with the Softrock.
              I can't see a UHF Softrock on Five dash but by the time I've built my 300 metre dish there will be a teraherz Softrock! (And everyone will be living there...)

              Yes, the landing method was like something a group of jokers would dream up.
              I find it incredible it worked. But it did.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • KQ8M
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012

                Alan,

                I have to  agree. Normally one uses the KISS method but that had soo many things that could have gone wrong that I think the stars must have been aligned just right for that to have worked. The number of "simple" probes lost and something this complicated makes it. Amazing…simply amazing.

                73,

                Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                kq8m@...