RE: [softrock40] Si570 calibration problems

  • KQ8M
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2012

      Actually swap the two numbers in the boxes. I always have a problem with that and it is not as it seems.

      73,

      Tim Herrick, KQ8M

      Charter Member North Coast Contesters

      kq8m@...

      AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

      From: aploski@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 02:05:07 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] Si570 calibration problems

      I have just finished a Mobo4.3 and am trying to calibrate the Si750. I have tried HDSDR and CNFGR with the same results. When I tune in WWV at 10.0Mhz my dial reading is 10.00592. When I enter 10.0 in the Real box and click on Calibrate, I find that WWV now shows up on 10.01184. This is a correction in the wrong direction (i.e. a sign problem). The I/Q channels seem to be correct. Am I missing something obvious? I have older Softrock RXTX v6.3 and that calibrated easily.

      Tony W2HWW

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012

        > Actually swap the two numbers in the boxes. I always have a problem with that and it is not as it seems.

        Tim,

        What do you mean?
        The "Real" box is the true frequency of the calibration station. 10.000000MHz for WWV.
        Tony has IQ the wrong way.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • yl2gqn
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
          Hi,

          The same problem was here with Ensemble RXTX. Problem was solved with correct IQ channels swap.

          Regards,
          Andy YL2QN

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "w2hww" <aploski@...> wrote:

          > I have just finished a Mobo4.3 and am trying to calibrate the Si750. I have tried HDSDR and CNFGR with the same results. When I tune in WWV at 10.0Mhz my dial reading is 10.00592. When I enter 10.0 in the Real box and click on Calibrate, I find that WWV now shows up on 10.01184. This is a correction in the wrong direction (i.e. a sign problem). The I/Q channels seem to be correct. Am I missing something obvious? I have older Softrock RXTX v6.3 and that calibrated easily.
          >
          > Tony W2HWW

        • w2hww
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
            Yes, it was the I/Q swap that corrected the problem. I guess I was swapping the channels in both hardware and software so many times, that I lost track of where I ended up. Thanks for all your help.

            Tony W2HWW