Re: [softrock40] Just ordered one of these

  • Rick Simpson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30 7:41 PM

      Interesting because it is an absolute minimalist design. No front end bandpass filter because the vfo could be any frequency. Just two-phase clock generator, mixer and audio amp. Let us know how it works.

      Rick
      K3IND

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30 7:51 PM
        I'll let everyone know how it works out if I ever get it, meanwhile I want to get my Softrock Lite II going. I built it a while back but have never actually got it working because I use Macs and hadn't found suitable software to use. DSP Radio looks promising, so will give it try.

        Joel Caulkins KB6QVI

      • Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 30 9:10 PM
          On 7/30/2012 9:45 PM, caulktel wrote:
          > Call me crazy, but I just ordered one of these, I hope is wasn't a
          > mistake.
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221080715872&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

          As somebody else observed, a very minimal design. The block diagram on
          the Pandatron web site is inaccurate; it's clear in the schematic that
          this design does not have an meaningful input filter, a pre-mixer
          amplifier, or an A/D converter. What it does have is an I/Q clock
          divider, a QSD, a crystal oscillator, and a decent dual op-amp.

          It could at least in theory work, and it's assembled and comes as a
          conveniently small assembly. Let us know how well it works in the real
          world.