Re: [softrock40] Softrock RXTX no RX

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2012
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Softrock ensemble ii no audio

      check the coils that are common.

      > I got a hump when touching U10 pin 2. But nothing on U11.
      > I added a screenshot to http://files.technoamge.net/softrock

      Matt, Right now I don't get that site.
      But I should have said PSDR is not the best software to use. If you use SDR# or HDSDR you can tune to the middle and hear the
      effects of touching pins.
      When I tried I heard hum when I touched all the pins I listed.

      > I checked that I had continuity on all of the coils when I installed them.
      > Is the 3 turns to the inch a minimum or a maximum? Would more turns to the
      > inch cause a problem?

      This is not important, it will work with no twisting.

      > Is it possible to check anything with an RF probe, that being one of the few
      > diagnostic tools that I do have?

      No, a probe will not normally be sensitive enough. And you need to provide a known signal.

      > Or should I just pull L2, L3, T6, L4 and T5 off the board and rewind them?

      ...... ! I've just realised you are talking RXTX. Do not "hijack" a thread, the subject line needs changing.
      But up to now it makes no difference.
      If the hum tests work then examine T5. Then re-check Robby's RF I/O and Switching page.

      A fault causing no reception on RX/TX Softrocks can be due to faulty BS170s, used as switches in the antenna changeover. Bob's
      drawing of the switching in the PDF. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/files/G8VOI/ Ensemble RXTX PTT fault finding. One
      way of testing can be to lift the end of L4 that goes to Q10 Q11. Connect the antenna to the free end.