Re: [softrock40] Softrock ensemble ii no audio

  • Matt Okeson-Harlow
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2012
      On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 06:55:39AM -0000, Alan wrote:
> [...]

      DOH! Hopefully I haven't broken anything.

      > At least this has told me you are connected to the soundcard. Try my tests
      > again. If you get a hum on the mixer pins then it seems you will not be
      > getting the antenna signal to the mixer. Bad soldering on the coils is a
      > common problem. You must have passed all the BPF checks. If it receives
      > nothing on any band check the coils that are common.

      I got a hump when touching U10 pin 2. But nothing on U11.
      I added a screenshot to http://files.technoamge.net/softrock

      I checked that I had continuity on all of the coils when I installed them.
      Is the 3 turns to the inch a minimum or a maximum? Would more turns to the
      inch cause a problem?

      Is it possible to check anything with an RF probe, that being one of the few
      diagnostic tools that I do have?

      Or should I just pull L2, L3, T6, L4 and T5 off the board and rewind them?

      Matt Okeson-Harlow