Ooooooooo Yummy!

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 11:50 AM
      Built another Ensemble 11 RX today...
      Not my first Ensemble, but my first LF version.

      Plan was to build a system to see how many NDB aero beacons I could
      log between 200Khz and 500Khz..
      Set up a PA0RDT active mini whip on a 15 foot pole down my garden in
      readiness for the new receiver...

      Anyhoo, after working up a sweat winding hundreds of turns on the toroids, I finaly got the receiver up and running...
      Put the board into a dicast box with a switch to switch in/out a low
      pass filter with a sharp cut off at 520Khz.

      Got to say, it works extremely well..
      Nice low noise back ground and wall to wall NDBs....
      Bits of intermod around 400Khz are totaly cleaned off by the filter..

      Lots of fun to be had now, log book opened and pencil sharpened :)

      Thanks Tony for all the fun and pleasure I get from building/running
      these amazing kits

      Regards
      Philip G4JVF