Ensemble II RX schematic

  • Reginald Beardsley
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
      Is there a pdf file w/ just the schematic?

      I've looked through the files area for the group and searched w/ google w/o success. A directory w/ just the schematics for the various Softrock versions would be nice.

      FWIW Attempting to print the pdf of the builder's notes at wb5rvz.com dies after printing only 2 pages of the schematic.

      I'm using Acroread on Solaris 10 x86 w/ a Postscript printer (Brother HL-1850).

      Have Fun!
      Reg
    • alanzfq
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Reginald Beardsley <pulaskite@...> wrote:

        > Is there a pdf file w/ just the schematic?

        Reg

        Halfway down http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble_rx_ii/

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Reginald Beardsley
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
          Alan,

          I see a schematic.  I've been studying it.  I don't see a pdf file of just the schematic.  Am I missing something? All I can find is a pdf of the complete build instructions.

          I'd like to be able to print it which is what I can't do w/ the pdf of the complete build instructions that is posted.  My guess is that the links embedded in the schematic cause problems w/ the pdf version of the build instructions.

          Have Fun!
          Reg

          > Is there a pdf file w/ just the schematic?

          Reg

          Halfway down http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble_rx_ii/

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

        • cbayona.cb
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
            <
            <http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble_rx_ii/RX_Ensemble_sheet_1_latest.pdf>http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble_rx_ii/RX_Ensemble_sheet_1_latest.pdf

            < http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble_rx_ii/RX_Ensemble_sheet_2_latest.pdf >

            If you click on the schematic it takes you to a page that has the
            individual pdf files.

            At 12:29 PM 7/1/2012, Reginald Beardsley wrote:

            >Alan,
            >
            >I see a schematic. I've been studying it. I don't see a pdf file
            >of just the schematic. Am I missing something? All I can find is a
            >pdf of the complete build instructions.
            >
            >I'd like to be able to print it which is what I can't do w/ the pdf
            >of the complete build instructions that is posted. My guess is that
            >the links embedded in the schematic cause problems w/ the pdf
            >version of the build instructions.
            >
            >Have Fun!
            >Reg

            Cecil - k5nwa

          • Chris
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
              Tons of hams have just no idea whatsoever how to manage their computers.

              I've heard people talking on Skype calls with family over the air because they had their sound routed improperly.

              On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Jerry Kaidor <jerry@...> wrote:

              *** I was just listening on the 20M PSK31 segment. Amid all the funny
              noises, I suddenly heard: "You Have Mail" :).

              - Jerry Kaidor

              --
              73  de Chris -- KC2RGW
              KC2RGW@W2LI.#NNJ.NJ.USA.NOAM

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble II RX schematic

                And links 1/2 way down the page I linked.

                "See Project Bill of Materials LF/HF RX Home Expert's (terse) Build NotesReview schematics: sheet1 and sheet 2"

                Very careful perusal of all pages is essential.

                73 Alan G4ZFQ
              • Lieuwe De Vries
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                  Reg,

                  hafway down look for:

                  Review schematics: sheet1 and sheet 2

                  73

                  Lieuwe

                  > Is there a pdf file w/ just the schematic?

                  Reg

                  Halfway down http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble_rx_ii/

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ

                • Dave Sublette

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                      Well, I posted my previous reply before I got to this one. I shall go check this one out, forthwith and straightaway!!

                      Thanks,

                      Dave, K4TO

                      On 7/1/2012 2:10 PM, Alan wrote:

                      And links 1/2 way down the page I linked.

                      "See Project Bill of Materials LF/HF RX Home Expert's (terse) Build NotesReview schematics: sheet1 and sheet 2"

                      Very careful perusal of all pages is essential.

                      73 Alan G4ZFQ

                    • MIKE DURKIN
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                        I also hear the windows alert Ping!!! (Alot )

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012

                          Dave,

                          I just discovered if you right click on the BPF data you can save the lot as a big image.

                          73 Alan G4ZFQ
                        • Dave Sublette
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                            Great!  Thanks Alan....

                            Dave

                            On 7/1/2012 2:44 PM, Alan wrote:

                            I just discovered if you right click on the BPF data you can save the lot as a big image.

                            73 Alan G4ZFQ

                          • Bruce Tanner
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                              I loved this little exchange and have copied and sent it around on the list of our local Hams.... great little piece of humor.

                              bet

                              On 7/1/2012 2:41 PM, MIKE DURKIN wrote:

                              I also hear the windows alert Ping!!! (Alot )

                              *** I was just listening on the 20M PSK31 segment. Amid all the funny
                              noises, I suddenly heard: "You Have Mail" :).

                              - Jerry Kaidor

                              __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7262 (20120701) __________

                              http://www.eset.com

                            • Ronald Wagner
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012

                                So how is that happening?  Do you mean you are hearing those sounds _received_ over the air, or from you own computer?

                                I also hear the windows alert Ping!!! (Alot )

                                *** I was just listening on the 20M PSK31 segment. Amid all the funny
                                noises, I suddenly heard: "You Have Mail" :).

                                - Jerry Kaidor

                              • Jerry Kaidor

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                                    Over the air!!!

                                    Some people forget to disable all windows sounds.

                                    So how is that happening?  Do you mean you are hearing those sounds _received_ over the air, or from you own computer?

                                    I also hear the windows alert Ping!!! (Alot )

                                    *** I was just listening on the 20M PSK31 segment. Amid all the funny
                                    noises, I suddenly heard: "You Have Mail" :).

                                    - Jerry Kaidor

                                  • Gordon JC Pearce
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                                      On 01/07/12 18:48, Chris wrote:

                                      > Tons of hams have just no idea whatsoever how to manage their computers.
                                      >
                                      > I've heard people talking on Skype calls with family over the air
                                      > because they had their sound routed improperly.

                                      In my demo file for lysdr there is a windows error "choonk" in the PSK
                                      segment, and a couple of other funnies.

                                      --
                                      Gordonjcp MM0YEQ
                                    • Bruce Tanner
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                                        This has  not happened to me but I suspect that an open mic used for Skype could mistakenly modulate a signal going out from a Softrock on SSB mode. I make it a point to shut down alternate, unused input to my sound interface when using SDR in any mode.

                                        bet

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                                          On 01/07/12 20:06, Ronald Wagner wrote:

                                          > So how is that happening? Do you mean you are hearing those sounds
                                          > _/received/_ over the air, or from you own computer?

                                          Over the air. What happens is that people go down the easy route and
                                          hook the mike input on their radio to the line output on the PC, and
                                          stick it into VOX mode. I do this, but I have my PC configured to never
                                          ever make any noises - and when I start my digi modes programs I have it
                                          configured to "hog" the onboard sound by a bit of permissions magic and
                                          careful soundcard setup. The USB device that feeds my big audio mixer
                                          is the default soundcard, onboard comes next, and then various other USB
                                          audio devices are assigned idents depending on what they are. It's a
                                          faff to get set up, but no worse than say labelling your aerial plugs
                                          correctly.

                                          --
                                          Gordonjcp MM0YEQ
                                        • Milt Cram
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jul 1, 2012
                                              On 7/1/2012 3:04 PM, Milt Cram wrote:
[...]

                                              Minor clarification--After opening the Sounds and Audio Devices Icon in Control Panel, click on the Sounds tab.  Then make the selections described in my previous post.

                                              73, Milt
                                              W8NUE
                                            • R. R. (Robby) Robson
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jul 2, 2012