Re: OT SAQ

  • alanzfq
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1 8:09 AM
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the 'OT". It really peaked my interest. I hate to plead
      > ignorance but for those of us across The Pond with no knowledge... what
      > the heck is "SAQ"?

      Bruce,

      It is a 200Kw station on 17.2KHZ
      Produced by an alternator. Opened 1924.
      Used for transatlantic CW so not unknown on your side.
      Just on the air a few times a year.
      http://www.alexander.n.se/

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      > > My reception in the photo section
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/photos/album/1763646812/pic/list>
      > > Not too strong but
      > > well in the clear.
    • Jerry Kaidor
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1 10:08 AM
        > Bruce,
        >
        > It is a 200Kw station on 17.2KHZ
        > Produced by an alternator.
        *** And the only operable Alexanderson alternator left in the world.
        Looked it up this morning.

        - Jerry Kaidor, KF6VB