Problem with new format on the email digest

  • Jim Elmore
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
      Is anyone else having this problem?

      I am getting a carriage return after every word with the new format that is now being used on Yahoo with the email digest. Obviously it makes it difficult to read.

      I am using Outlook Express.

      Is there a way to report this to Yahoo?

      Thanks,

      Jim WA4YWM
    • Rob Engberts
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
        Yes I have the same problem for about 4 days. I also using Outlook.

        73'
        Rob PA0RWE

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Elmore" <wa4ywm@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone else having this problem?
        >
        > I am getting a carriage return after every word with the new format that is now being used on Yahoo with the email digest. Obviously it makes it difficult to read.
        >
        > I am using Outlook Express.
        >
        > Is there a way to report this to Yahoo?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jim WA4YWM

      • ron
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
          same thing here. have'nt figured out how to report it.
          ron
        • K. D. Sarchet
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012

            Within Outlook and Outlook Express, there is an option to turn the display of extra line feeds/carriage returns on and off.

            73 de WY5R - KD

            JT65A Power Calculator

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
              Jim,

              In my experience, this is typical Yahoo development.  When they come
              out with a new format, they usually just start using it before debugging it.
              It seems to take them as much as a month or two sometimes to get their
              act fully together.  They have done this with their email format more than
              once.  It nearly drove me nuts the last time - about 6 weeks ago.  But now it
              all seems to work OK.

              So hopefully patience will solve your problem, as well as others that will
              probably come to light soon.  Meanwhile we're stuck with Yahoo's idea of
              what constitutes an "improved" format.  Then, soon after we get used to
              the new format, and are reasonably comfortable with using it, they will come
              up with an even newer idea, and change the format AGAIN !

              73 - Bob, K6KL
            • KQ8M
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012

                I'm not having the spacing trouble but am now getting 2 of every message the is prayed posted directly to Yahoo rather than via direct email.

                73,

                Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                kq8m@...

                AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 13, 2012
                  Problem solved...!
                  73'
                  Rob PA0RWE

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Engberts" <pa0rwe@...> wrote:

                  > Yes I have the same problem for about 4 days. I also using Outlook.
                  >
                  > 73'
                  > Rob PA0RWE
                  >

                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Elmore" <wa4ywm@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Is anyone else having this problem?
                  > >
                  > > I am getting a carriage return after every word with the new format that is now being used on Yahoo with the email digest. Obviously it makes it difficult to read.
                  > >
                  > > I am using Outlook Express.
                  > >
                  > > Is there a way to report this to Yahoo?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > >
                  > > Jim WA4YWM

                • Elmore's
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 13, 2012
                    They do read the feedback! I had sent them a note regarding these issues.

                    Jim, WA4YWM