Re: RX Ensemble II Quadrature clock problem HF build (another one)

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
      Hi Brian,

      Those currents sound reasonable.

      When the USB is connected the LO is running and hence the divider stage operating, so you would expect the current to be lower without the USB connection as the divider would be static without any LO fed to it.

      Whilst the voltages on the divder pins perhaps look a little odd, its really depends on the meter you use to measure them with. THe only way of checking with any certainty is to use an oscilloscope and observe the clock waveforms.

      The fact that the active pins are not either 5V or 0V (logic 1 or 0) suggests the stage is operating normally.

      If you have another receiver in the shack take a listen for the correct LO / 4 frequency output from the dividers as an additional confidence check.

      73, Bob G8VOI