boosting i/q audio level...

  • Sylvain AZARIAN
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
      Hi group,

      I have an issue with one single board computer I am using behind a Softrock VHF ensemble. This motherboard has only stereo input on the "Line in" plug. The microphone input is mono... The gain on this channel seems too low. I usually use a HP Laptop offering a good quality audio preamp on the microphone input...

      Do you have any suggestion on a small preamp I could build ? I think I will try something simple with one LM324 containing 4 op-amps, but they are not very wideband, knowing my sound card behind is sampling at 48Khz, so that is not really an issue.

      All your advices are welcome,

      best regards
      sylvain - F4GKR
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] boosting i/q audio level...

        > I have an issue with one single board computer I am using behind a Softrock
        > VHF ensemble. This motherboard has only stereo input on the "Line in" plug.
        > The microphone input is mono... The gain on this channel seems too low. I
        > usually use a HP Laptop offering a good quality audio preamp on the
        > microphone input...
        >
        > Do you have any suggestion on a small preamp I could build ? I think I will
        > try something simple with one LM324 containing 4 op-amps, but they are not
        > very wideband, knowing my sound card behind is sampling at 48Khz, so that
        > is not really an issue.

        sylvain,

        You need to use the line input.
        Most spoundcards are too sensitive. It is very unlikely that you need an amplifier.
        Weak signals will be very low in amplitude but strong signals will fully drive a soundcard.