Re: Expert Electronics of Russia (SunSDR2) in violation of the GPL

  • sv1eia
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 29, 2012
      Well John,

      It will be better if you dont bang your head on the wall :-))

      This weekend (got to search my archives) I plan to do an upload of the 1.19.3.15 since that makes a big issue for some.

      Yet what I want specifically from you (since as you say you are an expert on this field) is to come in contact with the company, ask them why they have converted key application modules as closed source nowadays, how this apply and if it is a violation of the GPL and convey us here their reply. It might be enlightening to all of us.

      In my view, regarding your actions, I honestly felt that you're hammering/accusing or even threatening a little guy in some far away land (who by the way has given so much personal time and effort for this community), rather than you to tackle the real issue with the big company in your country. Thats how I felt.

      For me this case is closed and during the weekend I'll do the upload regardless.

      73,
      Christos SV1EIA

      P.S.
      Most of the times it takes a bit of pain and confrontation to make things better..