Re: [softrock40] Re: Morse code to Alphabet converters?

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2012
      Sorry, I think I may have been thinking of Simon's program when I mentioned the 'CW' decode feature...

      bet
      ---
      On 6/27/2012 12:55 PM, g8voip wrote:

      Hi Bruce,

      Rocky has a very basic implementation of PSK31 transmit and receive, but does not have any built in CW decode / display.

      In answer to the original post, there are a number of free CW decoder programs around.

      Basically any suitable soundcard program can be hooked up to the SDR receiver / transceiver using Virtual Audio Cables (VAC) to pass the digitised audio streams between the SDR program being used and datamode decoder.

      As Bruce mentioned CWGet works pretty well, also take a look at some of the bigger multimode packages that include CW like MixW or MultiPSK.

      Another option is Simon's SDR-Radio program, not everyones cup of tea but it does include a pretty comprehensive data decoder that includes CW.

      73, Bob G8VOI

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7252 (20120627) __________

      http://www.eset.com