Re: Ensemble II RX LO feedback to input?

  • g8voip
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2 5:47 AM
      Hi Brian,

      All of the SoftRock kits exhibit similar behaviour with some LO leakage appearing at the antenna socket.

      This is simply down to there being no buffer stage between the input connector and the mixer to prevent reverse leakage of the LO via the mixer input.

      This is the reason a buffer amplifer is recommended to improve the isolation when used for IF applications.

      It is one of the limitations of the simple SDR designs, a trade off between cost and complexity verses performance. For normal use does not cause any major problem.

      73, Bob G8VOI