Read me! Re: EMU1212M pciE

  • pwhatton
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2012
      It saddens me that I feel that I have to post this message. But I can't sit back and let it go.

      A few years ago I sent Ron Bergantzel KA0RYT money for a GM3SEK triode control board. It never arrived. At first Ron made lots of excuses and then it went quiet. I have never received either the board or a refund despite numerous requests to him.

      I trusted him because he was a radio amateur. Had I googled his name or callsign before sending the money I would have learned that he had done this before. I've written this off as a bad experience but I can't sit back, keep quiet and see him take someone else for a mug.

      So if you are thinking of buying this from Ron, I hope the soundcard arrives OK and that you do not become the next victim.

      http://www.df6na.de/df6na/fraud.htm

      http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=1611&highlight=ka0ryt

      Paul G4DCV

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Ronald Bergantzel <ka0ryt1@...> wrote:

      > Hello ! Previous purchaser backed out - For Sale :EMU 1212M PCIe sound card in original box, etc... First $100 plus shipping gets it . Thanks +73 ! Ron KA0RYT (952-201-0831)

    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2012

        Thank you for the information. I too was taken before and by someone I had built a friendship with.

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        It saddens me that I feel that I have to post this message. But I can't sit back and let it go.

        A few years ago I sent Ron Bergantzel KA0RYT money for a GM3SEK triode control board. It never arrived. At first Ron made lots of excuses and then it went quiet. I have never received either the board or a refund despite numerous requests to him.

        I trusted him because he was a radio amateur. Had I googled his name or callsign before sending the money I would have learned that he had done this before. I've written this off as a bad experience but I can't sit back, keep quiet and see him take someone else for a mug.

        So if you are thinking of buying this from Ron, I hope the soundcard arrives OK and that you do not become the next victim.

        http://www.df6na.de/df6na/fraud.htm

        http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=1611&highlight=ka0ryt

        Paul G4DCV

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Ronald Bergantzel <ka0ryt1@...> wrote:

        > Hello ! Previous purchaser backed out - For Sale :EMU 1212M PCIe sound card in original box, etc... First $100 plus shipping gets it . Thanks +73 ! Ron KA0RYT (952-201-0831)

      • K2DMS
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2012
          Can you feel the love Ron?

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "KQ8M" <kq8m@...> wrote:

          > Thank you for the information. I too was taken before and by someone I had built a friendship with.
          >

          > Tim Herrick, KQ8M
          >
          > Charter Member North Coast Contesters
          >
          > kq8m@...
          >

          > AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
          >
          > User Ports: 23, 7373 with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

        • MIKE DURKIN
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2012
            Reminds me of Charles / Chuck Groome.....

            To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            From: k2dms@...
            Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:15:28 +0000

            Can you feel the love Ron?

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "KQ8M" <kq8m@...> wrote:

            > Thank you for the information. I too was taken before and by someone I had built a friendship with.
            >

            > Tim Herrick, KQ8M
            >
            > Charter Member North Coast Contesters
            >
            > kq8m@...
            >

            > AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
            >
            > User Ports: 23, 7373 with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
              A follow up to this.

              Ron has finally contacted me again and told me the board is still there and has offered to send it. Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of weeks. We shall see.

              But fair play to Ron for having the guts to contact me again after all this time. I sent the money in the summer of 2005....

              Hopefully any difficulties are behind him now.

              Will let you know when If) it arrives.

              73 Paul G4DCV

              On 31/05/2012 15:15, K2DMS wrote:

              Can you feel the love Ron?

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "KQ8M" <kq8m@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for the information. I too was taken before and by someone I had built a friendship with.
              >

              > Tim Herrick, KQ8M
              >
              > Charter Member North Coast Contesters
              >
              > kq8m@...
              >

              > AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
              >
              > User Ports: 23, 7373 with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

              No virus found in this message.

            • Richard Bown
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
                On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 10:08:45 +0100
                Paul <paul@...> wrote:

                > A follow up to this.
                >
                > Ron has finally contacted me again and told me the board is still there
                > and has offered to send it. Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple
                > of weeks. We shall see.
                >
                > But fair play to Ron for having the guts to contact me again after all
                > this time. I sent the money in the summer of 2005....
                >
                > Hopefully any difficulties are behind him now.
                >
                > Will let you know when If) it arrives.
                >
                > 73 Paul G4DCV

                Its a pity he's north of where I'll be in a few weeks, I could have banged on
                the door and collected it for you, but I wont be further north than KA/CO
                Best wishes / 73
                Richard Bown

                e-mail: richard@...

                Escaped from gmail, mail hosted by SimplyMailSolutions :) ;)
                Please avoid using old e-mail address of richard.bown@...

                nil carborundum a illegitemis
                Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC16 x86_64 on a Dell Insiron N5030 laptop
                Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs
                mins ) QRV HF + VHF Microwave 23 cms:140W,13 cms:100W,6 cms:10W & 3
                cms:5W